Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stoopid weather

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stoopid weather Empty Stoopid weather Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:47 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well courtesy of mother nature we have had another bout of ice  Umbrella  rain, blech. So now instead of being able to just do my daily chores I'm going to have to answer a bazillion questions about what I'm doing. Where are you going? Why did you do that? When are you going to cook me something? I'm bored? He won't stop bugging me? ahhhhhh.. This house is too small.

I'm not totally whining or ranting about having everybody home but don't you ever realise how wonderful some alone time is or how you schedule yourself  Shocked 

2Stoopid weather Empty Re: Stoopid weather Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:36 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I hear yah Ruffled you'd think I'd be happy about this warm winter we've been having ugh enough already!!!  Where is the sun!  I'm thinking I should just permanently attach cleats to my boots!
You know how people always say its a skating rink outside…
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The slight incline on our drive was fun fun fun but kids could put on skates in the house and skate straight on down the driveway

Our Road in the other direction

Another night of fun, yep 3 evenings of skating fun before plow came and roughed up the ice thankfully before the frozen rain started

A couple weeks ago we got a huge melt and both sump pumps could not keep up so we ended with a swamp in our basement.  Found this while we were cleaning up our basement after he crossed over the dogs giant soggy beds ugh they were fun hauling upstairs.  Those giant costco dog beds sure do hold the water!

Yep I've had it with the weather this year can't believe I'm wishing for cold!!!  And yes my house is waaaay too small!

3Stoopid weather Empty Re: Stoopid weather Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:18 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ahhhahahah you just brought back some old memories. There was a couple of years that we got to skate to school. The worst year was about a ft of ice built up on the roads around Stewart we ended up with huge holes in it. I was coming home from work one night and hit one of those holes and broke my front shock on my 4x4.

I so get your way of thinking serjay I don't have to shovel, plow or fall on cold. I always say how sorry I feel for my animals wild and domestic but I'm really starting to feel sorry for myself too.

4Stoopid weather Empty Re: Stoopid weather Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have Spring fever...just plain DONE with winter this year

5Stoopid weather Empty Re: Stoopid weather Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:49 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Its good its a SPRING FEVER and not any other kind of fever Smile