Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thermometer with probe, sportsman users

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thermometer with probe, sportsman users Empty Thermometer with probe, sportsman users Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:05 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sportsman cabinet incubator is up and running, a new motor, and I cannot believe how quiet it is, really...never woulda thunk, I can barely hear it. I am going to let it run overnight and check all things in the morning, then hopefully, if all is well, filling entirely with eggs....

New float mechanics for the humidity pan, new fan and motor, and new thermometer/humidity device. The one with the big probe that hangs down, with attached length of cord. So....users of the sportsman style incubator, how do you get the probe to work. Does it dangle in the middle of the incubator, above the eggs, between the eggs, on the tray, on the rack, how does one use it. Currently I just put the gauge on top of the incubator and the dangle thing squished between the door and it dangles right infront of the window (yes, have a window style, full length, full view, awesome). Checking water level and temperature and humidity later on this evening, just before we actually enter Daughter's home for dinner. The incubator is in the back room, which houses all extra coats, jackets, my canned good larder, so is a temperate room, probably house temperature I would say. Jsut want to know, how do you manage the gauge. It is the model from Incubator Warehouse, and it looks, mighty awesome I would say. Looking forward to inputs from my friends. Have a beautiful evening, days to follow. CynthiaM.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have three and use them to test the Brinsea cabinet. I dangle the metal tip of the probe just above the eggs. To me it makes sense to take the temperature where the eggs are.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum