Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hova bator incubator

+2
Prairie Chick
L'il Chick
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hova bator incubator Empty Hova bator incubator Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:42 pm

L'il Chick

New Here

What brand of incubator does everyone have and how many eggs does it hold? Longest lasting unit?
I am thinking of buying a new one and wondering which one has the best feedback~thanks

2Hova bator incubator Empty I have a sportsman Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I love my sportsman and have very successful hatches. I also have a hovabator, it's ok for a smaller bator but if I had the extra money I would love to buy a brisnea to replace my hova.

3Hova bator incubator Empty Re: Hova bator incubator Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 am

L'il Chick

New Here

What model is the sportsman? How many eggs does it hold? what to they run $$ wise?

4Hova bator incubator Empty hova bator incubator Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:06 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a turbo fan hova, a still air hova, and a reptipro 5000. I have just put my first eggs into the repti and have candled at day 9 and everything is looking good. My hovas are okay, but as soon as I can possibly afford a sportsman or such I will be going for that!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

5Hova bator incubator Empty Re: Hova bator incubator Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:25 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a Brinsea Mini adv. it is foolproof Very Happy And a cabinate one that I am tinkering with, I want a big Brinsea someday cheers

6Hova bator incubator Empty Re: Hova bator incubator Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:34 pm

HiddenAcresBC

HiddenAcresBC

I have a 1588 Genisis Hovabator. I love it and have had 6 or 7 consecutive hatches of 82% all on shipped eggs. SO I consider that great. It is preset and ready to use, just as water every few days. However, if I had the money I would defnitely buy a Sportsman just so I could hatch out a ridiculous number of eggs all at once! haha.

7Hova bator incubator Empty Re: Hova bator incubator Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:04 am

silkiebantam

silkiebantam
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have an older very basic Hovabator, with no fan and no turner. I struggle to get it to hold a steady temperature.

I also just got a Exo Terra (reptile) incubator. It looks like a mini-fridge. I got it at Petland and they charge $299 for it. It has a fan, and you can set the temperature, and it holds it steady. It comes back up to temperature quickly after you open the door on it. It came with a plug in so you can take it with you or if the power goes out you could plug it into one of those battery booster things. I just put eggs in it the other day, and I can't wait to see how it does. oh, it doesn't have a turner, so I have to hand turn the eggs.

http://klewnufarms.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum