Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clun Forest Ewes

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clun Forest Ewes Empty Clun Forest Ewes Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:14 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

" FOR A FRIEND WHO HAS SOME COMPUTER ISSUES"

I need a quick sale on 30 ish ewes. Clun forest crosses bred NCC. Ram has been in since christmas. Will keep oldest ewes. No 2013 lambs as they all sold last fall(as breeding stock). Asking $300 located at Strasbourg Sk. Pm me for more details or to make an offer or arrange to come see.

Email her directly Oldmacswife63@gmail.com

2Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:10 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

These are good ewes, she has bred them for a few years so is not a newbie to sheep...but she has some circumstances and NEEDS to sell as soon as possible...and now is a good time for someone buying, ewes are not so heavy in lamb there would be any risk to lambs...and they will be lambing out on grass...when it is good weather.....just saying....

3Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:16 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just wanting to Bump up

4Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:21 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Appway, maybe more details would get some bites. Pictures...what are they crossed with, what breed is the ram they are bred to, etc..

And just for me, what does 'bred NCC' mean? Because I don't know it all about sheep but want to know in this strange spongelike way.

5Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:57 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

NCC stands for North Country Cheviot
here is her web page that has a pic of the clun forest sheep on it
http://www.roxeysgoats.com/forsale.htm

6Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:01 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Figured it was a breed! So I am guessing they are mainly a meat sheep?

7Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:26 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is what I read on them
The Clun Forest is a breed of domestic sheep originating from the area surrounding the Clun Forest in Shropshire. Similar to many of the British breeds of upland sheep, Clun Forest are hardy, adaptable, good foragers, and are long–lived.[1] With sleek heads and wide pelvic structures, Clun Forest ewes lamb easily. The breed has a short to medium–length wool and dark brown faces. They are a multi–purpose animal, kept for meat, wool, and milk. Like other dark faced sheep, Clun produce quality lamb and mutton. However, in contrast to more common meat breeds such as Suffolks, their wool is free of undesirable black fibres and kemp, and is suitable for handspinning. The breed's alert and stylish appearance, together with its reputation for hardiness and fecundity have made it popular with hobby farmers and large commercial flock owners alike.

8Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:28 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

In the UK they say the wool is one of the Best
http://www.clunforestsheep.org/bb08.htm

9Clun Forest Ewes Empty Re: Clun Forest Ewes Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:39 am

Butterboy

Butterboy

They are a very good low maintenance maternal breed that can produce top notch meat lambs when bred to a larger breed like a suffolk or ile de france. For anyone wanting to get into sheep this looks like a great start!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum