Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

That Sue...shouldn't she be teaching her kids?

+8
Ruffledfeathers
mirycreek
uno
lanaire-ranching
Sweetened
authenticfarm
SerJay
Schipperkesue
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Naughty, naughty Sue! Here on the Internet all day, making unwanted comments on people's rants. What the heck? Shouldn't she be teaching her kids?

I have been home sick all week. I just got back from the doctor. She tested me for H1N1. It seems to be a mild case but I am rethinking my no vaccine protocol for next year. Last time I looked at the stats, over 1500 down with the flu in Alberta and 10 deaths. I am getting older and this stuff is a little scary.

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh no! I hope you get better quickly

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I used to get the flu shot intermittently. If it was convenient, I'd get one.

Then came the year that kid and I got shots, but husband didn't. We all got really sick. Kid and I were better in a couple of days, husband was down for a week.

Now I get them every year.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

The stats for the H1N1 flu vaccine weren't exactly great either.  90,000 people died from it its first year out, when only 30,000 world wide died from the same flu.  Hopefully they have that figured out?

Something to watch as well, Regina has 4 deaths people say are caused by H1N1, but if you read the actual reports on it they died WITH it, not from it.  A subsequent infection overwhelmed their compromised immune system.

No surprise.  I'm anti-flu vac!

No matter what you decide, Sue, get better and stay well.

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yes, most people die from secondary infection, but they wouldn't have if they didn't get the flu. Also, immune compromised people always have a harder time. I am 50 and beginning to realize I do not bounce back the way I used to. No more footloose and fancy free approach to life. All I could think about was, poor Doug. What would he do with all these animals if I were incapacitated or died.

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

oh Sue, I hope you recover quickly!

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Who said your posts were unwanted? Must be the fever talking.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

The best thing about Uno...she enjoys teasing and gives as good as she gets!

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

oh dear...hope you have some chicken broth you can pull out of your freezer..
hope you recover really soon!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Heres hoping that you feel better Smile

Isn't the flu vaccine last years flu?

Last edited by Ruffledfeathers on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling yet again)

Get well soon!

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hope you get well soon Sue.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I believe the current vaccine is supposed to cover H1N1.

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fowler wrote:I believe the current vaccine is supposed to cover H1N1.

thanks Fowler.

How are you feeling today Sue?

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not much better and Doug was throwing up last night.

IzzyD

IzzyD

I hope you feel better soon. Try to get lots of rest, we had it over the whole of Christmas break.. I was sick for three weeks, and hubby just finished getting over it the beginning of this week. Keep your vitamins up, it's a rough one

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Oh dear! I am sorry to hear you and hubby are unwell. It is a nasty bug this year! Take care, get lots of rest. I'm sure the kids you teach will survive (if barely) until you are well enough to tackle the challenge of the class room. I would like to add that there is no way on earth I could ever be a teacher...... It's good to know your limitations and that's mine. I admire and respect GOOD educators, they are worth their weight in platinum!

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

So, here I am, still sick! Not H1N1 but a nasty long lived virus of some sort. I have been off work for 2 weeks and today is my 14th day of illness. I can get off the couch or out of bed for a half an hour or so, but after that I am exhausted and shaky and have to sit.

I am bored silly with nothing to do but comment on blood spots in chicken eggs.

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

hahaha well at least I gave you something to comment on Sue. My hubby had that where your just absolutely exhausted and you haven't done anything but move around a little. It took him a good 3wks before he started to get some stamina.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum