Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So there was this woman who came to my place.....

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

....she was after a BLRW roo, which i sold her.  She wrote back a few days later and said she wanted these other three roosters; a Delaware, Marans, and a SLW.  She said she would be by.  So i kept them fed etc....wrote her back when it was freezer camp time and she was adamant that she still wanted these birds, so i held them back from freezer camp.  She never shows 2 months later..and by now i am getting a little pissed.  Yesterday, i found out she is the woman who had her horses seized by the SPCA!
I think this Delaware rooster really has an angel on his side.  He has been to freezer camp before and came home after his little holiday.  he escaped..was caught the next couple of days and i went and brought him back home.  Now he was destined to go again..but was going to be saved by "the woman"... who is cruel to animals, and now he is here until spring when freezer camp starts again...
thought i would share the link below... if you do a google search, there is another woman in the okanagan horsey people who has a facebook page with many pictures of this womans horses-they are emaciated..others that look fine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Might be lucky the other birds didn't go.

On the other hand, SPCA inspectors have been known to be overzealous.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

And sometimes, they're not zealous enough.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

We have seen much of this nonsense here too.  Most often brought on by a neighbourhood disagreement.  Our neighbour has a dog that is pure evil.  After being bitten twice, my husband went over to talk (ok he probably yelled more so than talked) to her about having the dog at large all the time.  This woman is impossible!  Her animals, horses dogs and goats included are EVERYWHERE all the time and nothing is done.  Her horses are out on the highway at least once a month.  My hope is when they get hit, because you KNOW it is going to happen, it is by one of the Semi trucks so hopefully no people die.  Her reaction to my hubby telling her to close her gate and keep her animals at home was to call the SPCA and like the chicken $hi!! bully she is, leave an anonymous message in the middle of the night.  The message stated that my 5 horses (she even got the number of horses wrong, I had 7 at the time) were locked up in box stalls with no ventilation or light, standing in urine soaked manure and all of them had foot rot.  SPCA MUST to respond to a complaint and did.  The inspector (who is a wonderful compassionate woman) took one look and realized what was happening.  All my horses were too fat (according to my vet) they all had fresh clean water and 3 sided shelters.  Neighbour is actually stupid!  I have shelters..... NO box stalls...so how on earth were my horses locked in?  Even though it turned out well, the stress and fear were terrible!  I must point out that most of the staff at the SPCA are good people with their hearts in the right place, sadly, as with any organization, it only takes a few "bad apples"  to taint the whole box!

Several years ago there was an awful situation that happened, out of control SPCA officer and vet.  If you are interested, google SPCA Schwab Seizure.  It happened in the Okanagan valley.  Seems to have started over a neighbourhood disagreement over dogs also. In this instance the family vet also came to the rescue! There is LOTS of information...it does take some time to read through it all.

Here is the link. I hope it works.... as previously stated technology and I are NOT friends!

Last edited by Echo 1 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional information)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum