Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's going to be one of those winters....

+3
Schipperkesue
Ruffledfeathers
call ducks
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

So it's going to be one of those winters where we just get a bombardment of storms! Had storm sunday, getting another one early morning tomorrow (~2am ish when it's high tide in the bay = More snow), and another one this coming Sunday and some models are showing it could give us 50+ cm of snow :/ the one this past sunday gave us ~25ish cm this one will give us up to 30cm.

And for you out west who see this amount normally... I will trade you snow.... We get nothing but that wet moisture ridden snow... Not impressed mother nature... Not impressed  Suspect 

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yup it is going to be one of those winters. We aren't any better I have wet snow so I can't trade yah  Very Happy 

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well CD, I feel your pain. We have had close to a metre of snow here already!

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think it is already 'one of those winters' and it isn't even winter yet!!!  Shocked 

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

coopslave wrote:I think it is already 'one of those winters' and it isn't even winter yet!!!   Shocked 

Yup :/ Time to go dig my den so I can just sleep all winter.....

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

call ducks wrote:
coopslave wrote:I think it is already 'one of those winters' and it isn't even winter yet!!!   Shocked 

Yup :/ Time to go dig my den so I can just sleep all winter.....  

.......sigh, I have to say I feel the same way. It has been lovely here that past few days so I shouldn't complain to much. Temps are dipping again tomorrow though.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Silly girl! In Alberta winter starts September 1.

Farmer Bob

Farmer Bob
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

ummm...is now a good time to mention that we only have 2 inches of snow and that Smithers was the hot spot in Canada... Very Happy 

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Our fields are bare and it was plus 6 today.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was +4 here today, but has dropped to - 3 tonight. Our creek has moved back into its regular channel. In places there is a thick layer of ice with snow on top over the water making it look like just a field with no creek.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum