Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Eczema (winters foot), for you Ruffled Feathers

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I was reading the post of Uno's about using animal meds for human purposes. Ruffled Feathers you struck a deep chord when you spoke of when you get winters foot (eczema)and the pain involved and I needed to bring a topic that I had posted in another forum here. I have copied and will paste the text in here for you to read about. If I do not bring my experiences here to help others, I have failed to help others that may receive help from my own personal experiences. I am compelled to reach out when I know things that I have seen healed that are nearly miracles. Many people do or do not believe in alternate medicines, but I still feel compelled to recount a story about my youngest Grandson and some extremely bad eczema he experienced on his hands. Others may recall this story, it was some time ago....

This was back in our old life on the southwest coast of B.C. a few months before we moved up to the Okanagan (the eczema was in Spring of 2010). I had never seen eczema such as this, his hands were cut and bleeding from the splits. His Mother had done everything she could, even getting two different types of very expensive creams, very bad for ya, and those weren't even touching it. Read my story, it is a powerful learning tool, if you can believe in the power of honey, combined with cinnamon. I hope that others may benefit from an experience of a gal that just didn't know what to do about the blood and pain of her Grandchild, this concoction of honey and cinnamon worked. If you have more questions, please bring them here, or bring them to me through email format. I will listen and I will help you if I can. Good luck with the winters foot, it sounds extremely painful....and makes me feel sad for you. There are so many alternate cures for things, should we only open our eyes and mind and listen and learn. Have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

My comments from within in a post I had participated in are quoted below, March of 2010:

OK, I have a deep need to share things. The following text(s), (which is in italics) were taken from information that I had sent out to my family on an event that occurred at our old home in our old life last spring. The information shared was done in a hurry, so there are many grammatical things, I just needed to share what I shared with all my friends and family, that I know care. Have that most beautiful and wonderful day, with love and health and happiness, CynthiaM.

Wow, I have to tell a tale. When my youngest Grandson came down for a visit this past spring break, his Mother had sent 2 containers of cortisone cream, one very aggressive and one that is not so. These creams were to put on his hands and fingers because of the extreme exzema he has. It was horrible. Guess when he came back from a ski trip it got so bad she took him to the doctor. The creams are to be used -- the aggressive one first to control it, the second when it relaxed. Clearly it was not working and she was very worried. Coritosone is very bad for the skin you know. You probably know that, horrible!!! Anyways, guess she told my Husband that I would probably want to try something else, something natural, but she sent the creams regardless, with a note about them. My Grandson’s fingers had like cut things on them, they were bleeding off and on. I put the cream on the first day, and thought nope, I'm not putting this on again. I did some more studying on honey and eczema and colloidal silver water, evidently they both work for this. The honey is mixed half cinnamon, half honey, and left on for five minutes then washed off. Application is two times a day. I also pour colloidal silver water over his hands and he air dries his hands.

I put that on yesterday morning, Sunday. His hands were horrible, bear in mind, bad painful cuts on his knuckles, from this, and all over his hands the red inflamed skin. Last night, when I called him up to put on the next application of honey and cinnamon, I almost fell down. The redness was gone, the cuts had all but mostly healed and were pretty much gone. There was a brown line across his knuckles where the worst of the eczema cut was. I could not believe my eyes, and I don't know if I have ever in my life been as shocked as I have been with any use of any type of healing product. The pain was gone and he could not believe it either.

How something so simple, non-medicated stuff, natural, work like that. It was nothing short of a most unbelievable sight. I immediately phoned our Daughter and told her of what I saw. She was so relieved to hear of this, and that her Son was not in pain anymore. These were very bad cuts from the eczema and it made her so sad, as she could only do what she could do. Those coritisone creams will never be used again. I will make a jar of this honey and cinnamon mixture for her to keep at her house. It would keep for a hundred years, as this honey does not age or go bad. I took a picture of our Grandson’s hands to show her. The hands were a little red, as he had just washed off the new application that I had smeared on him, but it was plain to see of the recovery. She e-mailed back and told me she was shocked and was a believer now for surely, although she has already witnessed incredible healing with only honey (and colloidal silver water business too). She was so happy that her Son was healing, this had made her feel very badly for him, and she had done the best that she could. Even after all the applications she had put of this cortisone cream to his hands, it had barely made any difference. One application and the eczema was almost gone.

I have spoken of cinnamon before, but I will speak again. I am not sure if the less expensive "cinnamon" will work with this type of treatment for eczema, I only had the "real" cinnamon here in our house and this is what I used. The most popular, less expensive cinnamon is actually not really cinnamon. It comes from a tree bark, called cassia and that tastes and looks almost like cinnamon when ground up, this is what the consumer commonly uses. Unless they know of this cinnamon substitute. Cassia bark is OK, but it is not the real thing. Real cinnamon is much more expensive for a container, and it really does taste much nicer. The small amount of cinnamon that is used, it is actually worth it to invest in the “proper” stuff. I do have some, as I have done some research before on cinnamon, when I received an e-mail one day telling me of the cassia tree bark that is a cinnamon substitute. It is still just fine to use, just a little less expensive.

This is what is hands looked like after the treatment had began, they were cut and bleeding prior to this. The finger next to his thumb was the worst, you can see the brown line on the crease, that was the worst part. it was very unfortunate that I didn't get a photo of what his hands looked like prior to the treatment with the products I speak of. They had horrified me when I saw them, really, it made me feel so sick, his Mother had done everything she could, nothing working. This picture was taken after treatment had began, and the symptoms had began to disappear so quickly, by the end of the first day there such a reduction in the redness I could hardly believe what I was seeing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is a link to a site about what cinnamon is all about, if you have the time, read it, it is worth it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you don’t have the time to go to the link, I have inserted the information into this topic. It follows in italics:

Healing Properties of Honey on Eczema
Looking for a natural eczema treatment? Eczema is a persistent inflammation of the skin's outer layer. It usually appears during childhood and can be a lifelong problem. Affected areas are often itchy and appear as tiny, red and shiny scales.
Unlike fungal infections, eczema is not contagious and neither is it caused by external factors. The root cause of this condition is an over reactive immune system. Some people are genetically disposed to developing eczema. The most common form of eczema in children is atopic dermatitis, which affects the skin at the joints. For adults, itchy patches tend to appear on the palms and soles. Eczema is classified into mild, moderate and severe cases, where the skin can be scaly, flaky, red, raw, and wet from fluid discharge. Sometimes, the raw skin may lead to bacterial infection. The condition can be worsened by exposure to specific environmental factors like dust, heat, and sunlight. Sweat is also a common aggravating factor. There is a limit to the activities that eczema sufferers can participate in, like sports and other outdoor activities. A diet consisting of whole, unprocessed foods, fresh juices, fruits and raw vegetables, seeds and grains, and lots of water is recommended for eczema patients. Avoid excessive junk foods, sweets and candies.
Treatment for eczema involves recognizing the factors that aggravate the condition and avoiding these triggers. Topical medication is also used to control the inflammation. This includes moisturizers to counteract the dryness, cortisone tablets and steroid-based creams.
Natural recipes for eczema treatment include:
1. Apply honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts.
2. Squeeze half a lime and mix with a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water. Take it the first thing in the morning for a few weeks or until the symptoms cease.
3. Take one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with a teaspoon of honey in a glass of water three times a day, with meals.
Scientists have discovered that Manuka Honey contains exceptionally powerful healing properties. It not only heals damaged skin in extremely severe cases of eczema , eliminate the dry botches, but it also has the ability to regenerate new skin growth. In addition, Manuka Honey also has strong antibacterial properties which helps prevents infection when the protective skin barrier is destroyed.
Ruth Tan runs the popular website Benefits of Honey which is an immensely rich, quality resource on honey and its benefits, and a plethora of health-related issues. Discover the amazing health benefits and all the positive spin-offs super-food honey can bring to your life and the lives of your loved ones at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

HOLY SMOKES!! And a big thanks for the info on exzema. If my computer wasn't such an archaic(sp) piece of dino junk I would post pics of what my poor boys hands look like. His fingertips always get the worst then it travels from there into the palm of the hand. He peels by the layer and from there it splits cracks and bleeds. He can't use anything abrasive on his skin, as a baby he was actually allergic to snaps and buttons it just about drove me nuts because I couldn't help but think how much pain he was in. Now he's 5 and so tough! Not good I need to watch him like a hawk and he is getting to be soooo annoyed with my constant nagging.
I keep his diet as clean as possible I have to remember he is only 5 and does deserve to be it. Weather is a factor, definatly(sp). He's a redhead as well with blue eyes and that plays a huge part (DNA) you really have to pay attention to whats going on with their bodies and how its trying to tell you. I do get tried running him down. He's got SO much energy I think I gave it all to him when we made him haha.
I knew that honey was healing but I really didn't know how much.

Thanks so much again Exclamation

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

RuffledFeathers, I want you to listen closely to what the last post I made here is all about. I need you to clearly listen, and obey. Obey is such a word of force, but please, take this upon yourself to do, even this with your Son.

My youngest Grandson takes after his Father's side of the family. His Dad has no problems with any skin issues, but the Brother of his Dad, his Uncle, has massive skin problems. Horrible skin problems, he has had this since baby birthing time. I think that he has some of the similar issues as your Son does. He has a very thin layer of skin and gets all kinds of horrible skin conditions, he lives in pain most of his life. He is a man that works outside in the cold, runs a very profitable excavation company, of his own means, he is the owner. But he spends so much time outside, the weather is very hard on him and he pays dearly. I wish that he would listen to me, but he is not of the kind that believes too much in the alternate side of the medicinal field, trust me, I have tried, and he has seen the results of honey combined with true (Ceylon) cinnamon on his Nephew's hands. He knows it works, but I think life is too busy for him, so he relies on as natural as he can get to skin preparations that seemingly work reasonably well for him. These are some natural remedies, but if only he would listen entirely to me....I have seen the power of honey, the power of cinnamon combined with honey in equal proportions, he has too, but he still renages, maybe one day he will listen too, and help himself....I think the medication that could help him so much is only two products away.....maybe, but for now it saddens me....we cannot make a horse drink its water.

Anyways, I don't mean to go on and on, but do your family the justice of attempting to do some work on the problem. Mix equal parts of honey and pure cinnamon (don't use cassia bark, it is a mimic of the true cinnamon) (referred to as Ceylon cinnamon), cassia bark may work, but it also may not, apply this paste for about 5 minutes, wash it off very gently with warm water after this time period and do this for two times a day. I will not promise you that it works, but hey, this worked for my bleeding Grandson's hands and fingers, it may well so work for you. Give it a whirl. You have absolutely nothing to lose. The pharmaceutical creams that were prescribed for my GRandson would not even touch the issue, the preparation of natural products produced results within hours. I am not a person to exaggerate, nor embellish these types of things. I speak what I see, and I know what I saw. Time to call it a night, you have my best wishes for pain to be gone, wounds to be healed, souls to be happy, with that, have a most wonderful night, health, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum