Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All our ducks in a row

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1All our ducks in a row Empty All our ducks in a row Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:06 pm

Giddyup

Giddyup

I'm very pleased and hope we've done well. Today we acquired another Saxony (duck/hen) from Omega Blue Farms so we have a very nice trio. I sold two of my spotted ducks that I considered "pet stock" and am hoping the remaining group will be considered well for breeding stock. There are two young girls that are very happy right now, lol!!
Everyone will go to the show in November and with any luck there will be some tough competition so we can really learn and compare what we have. With any luck we can receive some feedback from the judge.

Hoping to find my camera and take some pics, Jayme I'll post some specifically for colour "showcasing". If things go well in the next while who knows maybe we'll start a website.

As for the australorps, we will cull a hen and get her tested to know for sure if it was Mareks or a hereditary disease that killed one of our roos. Then a good dose of eprinex and a good report card and we can go from there. I'm happy with our australorps but haven't been able to show them as we just haven't been consistent enough to keep them de-bugged. Bad parents.

I'm just finally feeling good about something so wanted to share!

2All our ducks in a row Empty Re: All our ducks in a row Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:49 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That sounds like you have a great little plan going there Giddyup. I look forward to pictures.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3All our ducks in a row Empty Re: All our ducks in a row Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:01 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sounds like you have every thing planned. I look forward to pictures as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum