Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CHB Provincial show pictures

+9
mirycreek
heda gobbler
k.r.l
coopslave
smokyriver
Sweetened
Magdelan
Butterboy
KathyS
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CHB Provincial show pictures Empty CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:09 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

A few more photos from the big Provincial Show:

A beautifully painted Egg:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2077_zps67f17602

The Egg Show:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2076_zps5a83e6ec

The Petting Zoo:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2067_zps78f15a83

The show:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2058_zps6c0c899e

Piet's Grand Champion Welsummer

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2021_zpsa8ae3a42

Best of Breed/Champion Asiatics - my Buff Cochin ckl.

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_1982_zps2ee9f40b

My Buff Cochin pullet:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_1988_zps2c95574b

My Partridge Cochin pullet:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2004_zps13d7d230

My Black Cochin pullet:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2009_zps473702da

Best of Breed/Champion English - my Buff Orpington Rooster:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_1979_zpsc70be88b

One of my Buff Orpington Pullets:

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2043_zps4b254d2a

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

2CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:34 am

Butterboy

Butterboy

Beautiful! Great to see the egg show entries too!

3CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:43 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Kathy they are all lovely birds. I realise I have a vulnerability for the partridge effect. Almost any bird with partridge feathering catches my eyes and I'm in love. Piet's Welsummer rooster is quite the handsome fellow (these voices of appreciation are coming from someone who has little idea of what is good in what breed so will just sound like platitudes no doubt, however I do enjoy a "smart dressed man" - as ZZ Top recognised and sang a whole song about Shocked  ). That is quite the stern look your Black Cochin pullet is giving - posing there like Mona Lisa. Thanks for sharing. Will you eventually show the RIR?

4CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:42 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Magdelan, I share your appreciation (along with a lack of expertise!) when it comes to the Continental breeds. But I certainly do agree, he is a handsome rooster. The Welsummer breed has that classic look that embodies what many people in the world consider the ideal rooster. And this particular bird is a very fine and rare example of the breed.
I did show a pair of my new Rhode Island Reds and will add pictures here if you are interested. I actually had 16 birds at the show, so didn't want to bombard the forum with pictures of them all!
bom

5CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Sweetened

Sweetened
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

What lovely pictures. I love your black Cochin, looking at the Camera like "Oh please, they -always- do this when I'm out in public."

http://steadfastfarm.wordpress.com/

6CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:24 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

all gorgeous birds!! congrats to all on the wins and on being the proud owners of wonderful birds!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

7CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:58 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bombard way KathyS. It is great you are all sharing pictures for those of us that didn't make it.

8CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:27 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Lets see some more pictures KathyS!!!

I forgot to take pictures...

9CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:14 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

yes please on the pictures! I can definitely handle being bombarded. Definitely. yup.

yeah, Piet's rooster is definitely a good looking guy.

I don't even know what is continental and what isn't.affraid need more books study 

10CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:05 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oooh yes, please, bombard away!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

11CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:33 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

oh yes.  pictures are wonderful and you have some lovely photos here kathy!
I would really like to see pics of your rose comb rirs.   they would be my ideal bantam I think!

I find it amazing that you are working with three standard breeds...one of them in 4 different colors!  wow that is a huge amount of work...and doing so well with them too!

Last edited by mirycreek on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

12CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:36 am

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

k.r.l wrote:Lets see some more pictures KathyS!!!

Yes "that " Please.
Thanks for taking the time.

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

13CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:21 pm

'lilfarm

'lilfarm

yes please for more pictures Very Happy 
Would love to see your Rhode Island Reds.

14CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:21 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

heda gobbler wrote:Oooh yes, please, bombard away!

Yes. This. Please.

I love how they all look so regal.

15CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:04 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok, you asked for it!!  Very Happy 

White Chantecler: Liz Munro

CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2075_zps4bf66257

Bantam Buff Brahma: (Jr. show) Coleman brothers
CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2073_zps9ba65f1b

Bantam RIR: Silver Ridge Aviaries
CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2051_zpse54b3a66

Bantam chocolate Orpington: Janet (Triple J)
CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2049_zps4e50eb59

Bantam Black Cochin: C.R. Ducks
CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2048_zps1cf6a94a

Self Blue Belgian d'Uccles: Kyle Lawrence
CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2045_zpsd363fa2a

Rose Comb RIR Pullet: Kathy Stevenson
CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2020_zps4cfc66ce

RC RIR Ckl: Kathy Stevenson
CHB Provincial show pictures DSC_2015_zpsa5944e33

White Wyandotte Pullet - BB/Champion American: B. Shelton
CHB Provincial show pictures 577_zps56b2f0f2

White Plymouth Rock: Patric Lyster
CHB Provincial show pictures 566_zps8f2052a5

16CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Wow! Thanks for posting all of those KathyS. Lovely birds.

I think I have a new appreciation for the Cochin breed. Your Partridge pullet has bewitched me.

Congratulations to all of you who showed, and all who were recognized for your hard work and superior birds.

17CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:28 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Thank you Kathy, so good to see and I'm beginning to recognize some of the names so now I can put a few chickens to members here sort of thing. Still loving those RC RIR's :-). They are such a deep rich red/brown. that white wyandotte pullet is so plumpy and voluptuous, makes my two look like waifs!

18CHB Provincial show pictures Empty Re: CHB Provincial show pictures Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:15 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beautiful, beautiful birds! Congrats to everyone in the show. Those are some mighty fine chooks. Keep up the great work. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum