Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy

+2
Hidden River
coopslave
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:09 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have some 13 week olds for sale or give away.

A pair of White Chanteclers. Good coloured legs, nice combs and growing nicely. If they don`t sell I will be happy to keep them. $40
I would be happy to sell just the cockerel if you like.

A very nice Black Ameraucana cockerel. Showing a decent comb and getting a nice beetle green sheen with his adult feathers starting to come in. Actually there are 2 of these to choose from. $10

I have one Partridge Chantecler that came from the only egg I hatched from the rooster I lost. He is a big boy. He is about 14 weeks. I will not be keeping him for breeding as he has some pin feathers on his shanks. Would be very good to use if you want to breed some birds for home eating. If he doesn`t sell I will eat him myself! $5

An assortment for very pretty Easter Egger cockerels free. They will add coloured eggs and colour to you flock. You are welcome to grow these and eat them yourself, it wouldn`t hurt my feelings.
I have one EE pullet that I would sell if someone takes a cockerel as well.

I need some room and have so many of these boys. Feel free to make me an offer, especially if you want to take more than one.

Here they are:

An assortment of the White Chanties. I have 3 cockerels and 2 pullets. I will be keeping a pair and selling a pair. See above for prices.
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2860
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2898
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2837
I think all of these are actually of the pullets.

Some of a couple of the Black Ameraucana cockerels.
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2862
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2845

The Easter Egger cockerels:
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2854
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2840
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2880

This one has the most massive muff and beard!
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2852
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2863

This one was my fave as a chick. I so wanted it to be a pullet, but alas it is a cockerel.
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2883
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2881

Here is the pullet I will consider selling if the buyer takes one of the EE cockerels.
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2868

I also have a Light Sussex cockerel. He is sort of spoken for, but I will take names if anyone is interested. I have been caught holding birds before. He was a mistake chick, I was not supposed to get any sussex and of course it is a cockerel.
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2843
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2842

Last is the Partridge Chantecler cockerel.
If you look close you and see the stubs on his upper leg. He is a big boy!
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2848
Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy 100_2889

Sorry about the load of pictures, but I always like to see what is for sale and I thought others may as well.

2Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:16 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Noce birds coopslave. Where are you ameraucana's from? Also are you certain the first picture Black is a boy, sure looks girlish to me...But I have been wrong in that category before. Embarassed

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:30 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hidden they were hatched from eggs that were laid by birds from Whitmore Farms. I got a rush of blood and bought a bunch of day olds instead of staying focused on the breeds I want to concentrate on. I am keeping a two blacks and a blue Am, but I really want the wheatens.
There is one boy that does look very feminine in it's head. I am going with boy because the comb is very red and advanced compared to the one girl I am definately keeping. He looks like the pullet in body and shape, but the comb looks like the other boys. The blue is similar but I will keep it regardless. I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time! Laughing I do find the Ams tough sometimes and get surprised both ways for sure.

4Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:35 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well they are nice, and you might have to get in touch with me next spring. I have a dozen Wheaton Ameraucana's in my brooder right now, starting to look like 7 girls and 5 boys, I am very excited about them. I got them from John Blehm (Thanks to CBrookkelly for doing all the leg work) this spring. Also a couple lavendars, some more blacks and next weekend picking up the Silvers that Cbrook has for me. Smile
I love my ameraucana's. And the wheatons are awesome since they are color sexed very early on just like my Salmon Faverolles.

5Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:50 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

You wouldn't be tempted to let me have a couple of silvers would you??? I have a very nice pullet (CBrook is not that far from me) and that is another direction I am thinking of going. She is lovely.

The silvers and wheaten Ams, the Chanteclers and I have ended up with a Blue Copper Marans rooster, so will see if I like them or not. I haven't had much to do with them yet and I am undecided. I will see what colour egg the BC pullet lays and then decide. That is enough variety for me, especially when I really want to try to improve the PChanties as much as I can. Suits me to have the different coloured eggs layers as it gives me more pen options.

I would be interested in some of the wheatens. I have only hatched 2 at this stage and they are both cockerels (I think anyways). Rolling Eyes Just the kind of year I am having.

6Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow, awesome muffs/beard on that EE roo. Nice comb too. Some boys get all the luck. Razz

7Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

coopslave wrote:You wouldn't be tempted to let me have a couple of silvers would you??? I have a very nice pullet (CBrook is not that far from me) and that is another direction I am thinking of going. She is lovely.

The silvers and wheaten Ams, the Chanteclers and I have ended up with a Blue Copper Marans rooster, so will see if I like them or not. I haven't had much to do with them yet and I am undecided. I will see what colour egg the BC pullet lays and then decide. That is enough variety for me, especially when I really want to try to improve the PChanties as much as I can. Suits me to have the different coloured eggs layers as it gives me more pen options.

I would be interested in some of the wheatens. I have only hatched 2 at this stage and they are both cockerels (I think anyways). Rolling Eyes Just the kind of year I am having.

We will have to see later in the year what I all end up with as far as sexes and numbers.

8Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

It was worth a try! Laughing
I may be bugging you for eggs next year.

9Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:57 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Last chance for the EE and Ameraucanas. They will be dispatched early next week.

10Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Hello Coopslave! Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:51 pm

Beep

Beep

Hey there coopslave, what's the chances you have a wheaten or blue wheaten ameraucana cockerel you want to part with?  I'm looking for a lover for my lovely Briarwood girls.  Am in Kelowna.

11Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:21 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Beep, this thread is over two years old ... you can see the date at the top of the original post. You could try starting a thread under the Poultry Wanted section to get more attention.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

12Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Beep

Beep

authenticfarm wrote:Beep, this thread is over two years old ... you can see the date at the top of the original post. You could try starting a thread under the Poultry Wanted section to get more attention.

Ya, I saw that Authentic Farm, but figured that if she had ameraucanas 2 years ago, she might still have some.  *wishful thinkin* Very Happy

Last edited by Beep on Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:57 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have some of coops whams, but won't be setting anymore till the spring.

14Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:12 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bckev has all of the ones I had left. Sorry.

15Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:52 pm

Beep

Beep

bckev wrote:I have some of coops whams, but won't be setting anymore till the spring.

Hi BCKev,
Ya I know -- we have already been chatting about the WHAMS. sorry for your loss; I'll maybe contact you in the spring -- maybe we can trade WHAMS for turkeys?

16Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Empty Re: Lots-Okanagan BC-picture heavy Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:07 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I like trading

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum