Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) Empty Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:45 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am a bit undecided whether I am going to continue breeding these birds. I have limited space and the Mottled Java have taken my fancy. I will hold back a few of them in case I change my mind, but this is a good opportunity for someone to get some very nice breeding quality Wheaten Ameraucanas.
All the pullest have come up from John Blehm in the States. He has very nice quality birds and I am very happy with how all of them have grown out.
The cockerels I have left are from my own birds so are unrelated to the pullets. I also have a Blue Wheaten hen that was a hatch from last year. I am happy to include her instead of one of the pullets if you wish to add blue to your line. She has been a decent layer, lays a very pale egg, is a nice type of bird but in my opinion a little on the small side. She is also unrelated to John's birds and my cockerels. She is going through a HEAVY moult at the moment and looks a little pitiful. Rolling Eyes
The pullets are 30weeks (cockerels a little younger) and have not started to lay. I don't supplement light at this time of year, I suspect with light they would all be laying. I have also found they are not super fertile until the weather warms up a bit. I add light in February to get ready for breeding, I don't need any more eggs right now.

Get ready for your next breeding season with these well grown, well bred birds. I am asking $80 for a trio and $50 for a pair. In the spring they will be more.

Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1643
Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1642
Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1630
Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1652
Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1653
Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1673
Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1637
Wheaten Ameraucana (very picture heavy) SAM_1603

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very nice birds, Coopslave. I really do think the wheaten ameracaunas are a very pretty coloured bird, the light beard is particularly attractive. Nice pics by the way, have an incredible day, CynthiaM.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

very beautiful birds

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

If you were closer I would definately take some, just love the wheatons.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have had a bit of interest in a larger breeding group. I would consider 3 Wheaten, 1 Blue Wheaten female and the 2 Wheaten males to go together as a breeding group for $140. Very nice start or good addition to a flock that already exhists. You get the choice of the male you like the best, or use both and diversity in the group as a whole.

Like I say, if I keep them until spring and they are laying like crazy the price will be higher. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum