Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

LOVE thy neighbor

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1LOVE thy neighbor Empty LOVE thy neighbor Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

OMG what a stretch. As some of you know I have had a real go at life. Well I have to say what a great bunch of neighbors I have.

I got a knock on the door last night at dinner.
Hello, That's my cow!
Umm which 1 cause I'm pretty sure all 3 are mine?
No not those one's.
That one standing behind those one's.
Oh that one Shocked .
So what can I do for you?
Can we put her in your pasture and I will get my hubby to come get her after work.
Oh okay what time do you figure?
Oh he gets off at 130am.
Um No we aren't trying to corral(is that right??) her at 2am.
Leave her for the night and I will help you tomorrow, no problems.

So today her hubby comes by and 3 daughters in tow to help.
Brings his portable panels and as we wrangle cows he suggests that maybe I use them to keep my steer in pasture.
This took most of the morning, what a work out.
What a shock who in the H$LL gave me such good neighbors.

In everything I have been thru this last couple months my neighbors up top of me took my boys when I needed it most and they spent the day with them and their kids. And now my other neighbor is lending me his panels to keep the idiot contained till doomsday Saturday. WOOHOO count down is on Twisted Evil 

I am thankful for having such good people living around me. I just had to share.

2LOVE thy neighbor Empty Re: LOVE thy neighbor Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:00 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good neighbours are worth their weight in gold! Count yourself lucky you have some.

3LOVE thy neighbor Empty Re: LOVE thy neighbor Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:07 pm

I have some neighbours I barely know, and some who are SO, so good to me it almost makes me tear up to describe the care they take for me in winter. Then there are the friends who are too far away to be neighbours, but they prove their neighbourly-ness and friendship time and time again. Many of us are really blessed to have a few people as you describe Ruffled. People we feel happy to know, and wish we could do more for (at least I do). The ones who will bring you pickles because they know how addicted you (I) are. The ones who will find a backhoe on a long-weekend-Sunday, and waste their long weekend helping you get water flowing again. The ones who will cut kindling, plow snow, offer Family when one's own family isn't there for you....Oh I could go on and on.

Thank Goodness for Good People, neighbours and otherwise! I love you 

4LOVE thy neighbor Empty Re: LOVE thy neighbor Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good people are hard to find! Lucky you, to have found some!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5LOVE thy neighbor Empty Re: LOVE thy neighbor Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:29 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

So we have a cluster of neighbours who are generous and patient with us and our livestock, and we are therefore patient and generous with them. It works REALLY well. We have neighbours who are... NOT... we try to be generous and patient with them to start and if they don't get the hang of it....we stop. Glad you found some good ones!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum