Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creepy personal stuff

+11
Ruffledfeathers
Prairie Chick
coopslave
Fowler
CynthiaM
bigrock
Magdelan
lady leghorn
Schipperkesue
authenticfarm
uno
15 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Creepy personal stuff Empty Creepy personal stuff Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:30 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

No, no, we don't want to know if you are growing ear hair.

In the spirit of Sue's request that we all have creepy Halloween avatars, I am borrowing her theme.

Reveal some personal thing about you that gives you the shivers. Or might give someone else the shivers. Something ghostly, weird and otherworldly.

Did you see a ghost as a kid? Have some unexplained hair raising adventures? Wake up one night and KNOW you were not alone?

I'll go first.

I regularly experience occult smells.

This does not mean I smell witches and ghoulies. This means I smell things that are not there. Frequently it wakes me up at night. I have gotten out of bed to follow my bloodhound like nose in search of these scents, that can never be located.

I do not find this frightening, but I have been frustrated that no one except me can smell it. Sometimes I smell smoke, other times detergents, other time lavender. Occult smells are sometimes associated with neurological tumours that lead to seizures. To my knowledge, I have never had a seizure. The OTHER explanaition is that the unseen and not entirely gone have walked within a few feet of me and I detect their aroma.

Wait! I smell something right now! Yes! IT's clear to me! Oh. Hub is making coffee. Never mind. Your turn.

2Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:52 pm

I did see a ghost when I was a kid, now that you ask. I was probably 7 or 8, and woke up early one morning. I had yellow curtains so my room was very light. I felt really scared, for no seeming reason, and using whatever Kid Logic was available, I got out of bed and grabbed my flashlight off my dresser. Being all exposed like that made me more scared, so I crouched down beside my dresser. As I did that, a 3d shadow figure walked through my room and out the wall at the head of my bed. Just that, nothing more. A 3d man figure strode across my bedroom floor and out my wall.

Nobody believed me. I was upset at the time that nobody believed me, but I'm grateful now because it formed some of my beliefs and 'knowings' that I live by now.

3Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:06 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Can I add a sub-question here? Just curious what the religious background (what church you were raised in or the religion of your parents, doesn't matter if you're still a church goer or not) is of those who have experienced something ghostly.

I won't tell my reason why just yet, I don't want to skew anyone's answer. It's just for my own curiosity, to prove or disprove a theory I have.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Uno, not to alarm you, but strange smells often accompany a stroke.

Authentic, I was raised Roman Catholic.

I used to work in a 100 year old school. Most of the creepy stuff was easily explained...doors opening due to air pressure, etc. But I also heard footsteps, both early morning and late night when I was in the school alone. I would arrive in the morning and walk through the dark school to my room. There were the sound of footsteps on the stairs behind me following me up. I haven't been able to explain that one. When I worked late I would hear footsteps coming down the hall and when I went out to see who was there the steps would stop and there would be no one in the hall.

Apparently one of our principals brought in a medium one weekend to dispense the ghosts. It didn't work.

5Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:22 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well we had a dog that followed our kids to school everyday.  She was a terrible wander.  Had been warned  by the dog catcher.  ( first time

bought my way out of a fine with fresh eggs).   But second time would be a fine.  We lived on an acreage that had been an Indian Village,

or burial ground.  Found arrows etc. there.  

I was vacuuming on day, after the kids had gone to school,  I was totally alone in the house, no radio or TV on.  When I vacuumed  I didn't stop for anything, until I was done.

Well out of the clear blue, a male voice told me "TO GET THAT DOG NOW".  That's all he said?   Well I figured I should, so shut everything down,

went and got my coat, purse, shoes and drove over to the school. ( wasn't far) I had just turned the car around, parked and was loading her into

the back seat, when through the intersection came the dogcatcher.  Thankfully she was safely in the car.  Have never heard a voice like that since,

but that seemed to be a very spiritual place.

6Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I some times see dis incarnate beings - some times in the shape of a body and sometimes in orb shape. I have two experiences to share here. I'm a mad cow mother, fierce and protective. Always been connected to the kids during the night, know if they are restless etc. or getting sick before they manifest any symptoms sort of thing. One night they were restless in their sleep and I went and settled them back off, went back to sleep myself but half an hour later one was restless again. He snuggled in to bed with me and off to sleep again. Then I'm awake and in that in between state where you are not engaged in usual personality self but still aware - I look over my kid who is sleeping and then up to see a figure who is a woman in what I call infrared, closest description is as if all colors are black and white, shades of grey, what is normally dark was light and vice versa . . . she is not malevolent, just present and she is also looking at my son. She looks up and when our gazes meet, she sees that I see her and she sort of enfolds and leaves. She wasn't frightening or praying upon my kids dream state, just had a sense of power and presence. I don't know why she was visiting.

I had another experience years earlier where I woke with a high pitched, sharp whining sound in my ears, boys were sleeping in beds on the floor beside my bed (staying at my mothers house). Again, really restless and tossing and turning, I see a red orb shape near the door, it seems to have an intent towards one of my boys and with a fierceness that I didn't know I had in me I sent it away with my mind, happened so quickly, faster than seconds. It moved in a moment closer to the door and I got fiercer still in my mind and then it was gone. I was so proud of myself, oh great protector! My attitude was that I would pursue that being through this life, the next and the next and on and on until it relented and gave it up. No one messes with my babies, not in this frequency or any other. I wasn't worried after that about unseen things.

I was not raised with a religion. I used to go to bible classes on Friday with the other kids but mostly because the teachers were so much fun and there was singing and I liked the accordion. I do accept the concept of reincarnation but I'm not Buddhist.

7Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:42 pm

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

was raised as a sunday anglican

i was away on a mini vacation; my son was only 7 yrs old. This morning i woke, and within a few minutes something was not right. I couldn't concentrate, was upset and so sad. Finally, i thought that something must have happened to my son. So, i found a pay phone and called my sister who was looking after my son....and asked if my son was ok? My sister told me my son was fine, but that my grandmother was in the hospital with pneumonia and she wasn't doing very well. We drove from Galliano island, on a ferry to Victoria and as i was on my way, i could feel my grandmother die. We got to the hospital and she had died at the same time that i had felt her go.

8Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:10 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here it is, 11 at night and I have to go out in the pitch dark and feed the horses, all I have along for safety and comfort is that useless boob of a dog. And I'm reading all this. Yikes!

What religion was I raised in? Mafia.

LadyLeghorn, your tale set off a long forgotten event almost the same in my life.

I have a friend I've known since preteen years. She married this guy that seemed nice enough, but there was something there I could never put my finger on. I was chatting with her one day, mentioned that I had gone fishing, and he pipes up, "Oh you like to go fishing? I like to go fishing too. I'd like to take you out some time. We can go in my boat. Would you like that? Would you like to go fishing with me?" It was odd and weird and inappropriate and uncomfortable. I left and went to the grocery store and got groceries.

As I am driving home, alone, in my truck, a voice utterly crystal clear said in an audibly emphatic voice, DO NOT EVER BE ALONE WITH THAT MAN! I was startled and my heart was pounding as I turned my head to actually look at the passenger seat to see who had practically shouted at me, but no one was there.

Small inner voice, my foot. Mine's a yeller.

9Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:01 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think that I will tell my tale of what I still remember, and it scares me to this day. I think it was a near death experience, and I witnessed some. For you Authentic, I was raised from a young age of about 11, in a Mormon home. I am no longer a practising Mormon, have not been since my 22nd year of life.

As a pregnant teenager in my 17th year of life, I had the wonderful chance to obtain gallstones. Yep, not fair, fat and 40, but 17, pregnant and skinny. I was always a very lean young lass. At the age of one month into my 18th year of life, I had gave birth to day child. I had been experiencing gall bladder attacks during the last three months of the pregnancy, and it was awful. Tried to control it by diet. Worked to some extent.

It was about 3 months after the child was born that the surgery for removal of my gallbladder was performed. In those days, when gallbladders were removed, this was an incision diagonally, from one side of the body to the other side, with a 2 inch incision below that for the drain tube, necessary evil thing. These days, so many much more easy methods.

I can recall being very sick, in so much pain. I think I was very weak from a troubled pregnancy with the gallstone attacks in the last few months of pregnancy, birth and then still being quite sick with attacks. Then the surgery. I think I near died one night. I say this because I saw something that still to this day gives me the shivers.

I was laying in bed, doped up to an intense degree because of the pain from such a gash on my poor skinny, little tummy. I still do not know if what I saw was a result of the drugs, or if really.....I almost went to that other side. But I clearly recall a fair number of people clothed in white robes (would there be white robes in the afterlife? This is where I have wondered if the apparition was just hallucination) standing around my bed watching me. I still clearly recall the terror and ringing the bell for the nurse. I can remember that I must have closed my eyes, and when eyes were opened, those figures were gone. Real, not real, I will never know, because I am alive. But I was terrorized, this was not a nice thing. I think I bordered on death that night, I was very, very sick. Was this the kind of experience that you wanted us to speak of? I know my story had to do with health, but I saw something that night....pretty sure I really did. Have a most wonderful day, CynthiaM.

10Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:32 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't recall ever seeing what I would call a ghost. I was raised Lutheran but don't really belong to an organized religion these days. I guess I still identify as Lutheran.

There was one time when I was a kid. A sunny hot summer day. I saw something fly past the house. It was pitch black and never flapped it's wings once. I watched it for a good little while as it sailed across the sky. Absolute silence. It was kind of eerie. Back then you never saw eagles or turkey vultures around here. Besides, the wings were angled too high for either one. I've often convinced myself that it must have been a turkey vulture but then I do wonder. The wings were too high.

11Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:46 am

bigrock

bigrock
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cynthia...
When i worked in the cardiac unit a man had died....we performed CPR, and all the drugs were given, and this man was gone; we were doing the count. His intensive care nurse jumped on his chest and yelled at him "so&so don't you die!" he didn't...we got him back.. but afterwards he told us what had happened; he was watching it all from above us.

12Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is very interesting. I have had many experiences of this sort. Don't really share them with anyone (except hubby). Some sound much crazier than others.
Reading all of these has made me feel a little less unusual. This kind of thing tends to run in my family, we seem to be quite sensitive to it (or unstable, you pick Wink ).

I was raise with a Catholic dad and baptised but never confirmed. Dad attended regularly but my mother was very much against churchy stuff. Many bad experiences from her childhood made her leery of the church in any form. I feel I am very spiritual but not churchy, if that makes sense at all.

I look forward to hear why you ask Authentic.

13Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:30 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

My step dad was a bank manager and we moved a lot.  One of the small towns we moved to the bank house was huge, it used to be a hospital at one time.  My mom would here a baby crying upstairs when she was home alone.  The only bathroom was upstairs and if one of us 3 kids had to use it all three of us would go upstairs together.  2 of us sat on the steps at the top waiting.  I had a big room at the end of the hallway and did not like it at all, I remember pushing my dresser against the door every night.  Mom gave me heck because she said if there was a fire they wouldn't be able to get me out.  I moved out of that room into a small room that had a sink in it, surgical room...not sure but it was better than that other room.  Also I could see my brother and sisters room from there and would lay there watching.  Sure was glad when dad got transferred out of that town I tell you!

The last house we lived in the door would always just randomly open, even those it was closed tight.  I would just say hello and go and close the door.  There was a room I had my computer in and every once in awhile our cat would go in there and just make a very scary howling noise and he looked freaked right out, I am sure there was a spirit of some kind there.  

I am not baptized and do not belong to any churches.

14Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:33 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow this is a neat thread. I am enjoying all these "reveals" from everyone.
I was raised to be open-minded although somedays you would never no it lol. I have tried most religions and am happy to be spiritual but not religious. I have a hard time with organized religion.

The most recent event that I would be okay with revealing is...

One day on my way to town I was driving along this straight stretch. There was a rather large blood stain on the road were a deer had been killed. Most likely by a logging truck whatever. Either way I could not avoid going around it so over it I drove it. When I did this I felt a electrical shudder thru my car and body. It was kind of scary because I have never felt it before or again since this particular time. There was nothing wrong with my car.

I couldn't help but wonder.....

15Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:28 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Growing up we had a water tap that would turn on in the house when no one was around, and a bedroom door that would open and shut.  We also would have the tv turn channels randomly when we were watching it.  We always teased my dad that it was an old negro fellow haunting him as the majority of it would happen when dad was home.  The negro man had been teased by my dad,  but still liked him.  We had his house on our property and used it for a barn.  This all quit happening when mom and dad sold the farm to my brother.  Everything else is the same except the occupants of the master bedroom, so must have been the old boy haunting dad to get back at him for all the times that dad had teased and tormented him!  LOL

I was raised atheist. But now am proud to be a Christian!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

16Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:08 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Forgot a few things.---We have looked at houses after someone had passed, to me there has very often been a DARK Presence  in a room.  Nobody else seems to notice but me. But that presence doesn't want us there.

In Armstrong Our daughter and hubby and I were sitting upstairs talking when suddenly we "all" heard a loud knocking on her door.  Was nobody there.  Hubby had never believed her until then.  She also heard children laughing, we didn't but she did.

Then in the farmhouse that we first bought out here, I heard conversations always around 3:00 A.M.    No one else ever did.

But Hubby finally had an experience out here, he normally never believed, but we looked at an abandoned farm, the house had been torn down.
Lots of old empty buildings, long driveway.  

We could have rented it, as they were going to put a mobile home on it, but hubby finally admitted to me that the place really gave him the creeps.  After he said that, I decided we "really" didn't need to be there.   I couldn't actually believe he admitted to that. affraid 

I went to a physic in Armstrong one beautiful sunny day, and the reading was to take place in the walk-out basement.  Very bright in there.
But as I came down the stairs, I was immediately drawn to a cabinet across the room.  I couldn't stop looking that way.  Finally I stopped him and told him what was happening, we weren't sure if it was a spirit from the previous person, or there because I was????
But definitely once again a DARK PRESENCE all around that cabinet.  Totally wrecked the reading, I couldn't concentrate.

I find it very odd, but a lot of these happenings seemed to happen around 3:00 A.M.------Anyone else ever notice that?????

My husband wasn't raised any religion, I was sort of raised for awhile Seventh Day Adventist.

17Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:14 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Again LadyLeghorn, you spark a memory.

Those have been my only ghosts. Bless them.

EDITED Reason, very cool experience, but not weird or creepy enough!

Last edited by uno on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

18Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:16 pm

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I lived in one house in my teens that was just weird. You'd see floating lights or hear muffled conversations when you were home alone. The worst was when I was taking a shower and I felt a hand press against my back. I was home alone at the time and the bathroom door was locked. That was the last time I showered in that house (I went to my bf at the times house and showered).

I was raised in a fairly non religious home and I'm an atheist now.

19Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:00 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Pollywog.......Our neighbour had a definite ghost! Was my girlfriends grandmother. She was a neat freak and always sweeping, Our neighbour often heard the sweeping. They also heard many noises from her. But she was harmless, thankfully.

They had a young man staying with them for awhile, and he came in to have a shower as well. He went to his room, then came back to the bathroom.

He had definitely left the bathroom door open, when he came back and it was definitely shut. He was so freaked out, he dressed and left. He moved out. Scared the wits out of him.

All the activity stopped when the neighbour had a kitchen fire. Never came back. Have no idea why? Guess it was time to leave.

20Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

lady leghorn wrote:

I find it very odd, but a lot of these happenings seemed to happen around 3:00 A.M.------Anyone else ever notice that?????
I heard somewhere that around 3am is when the veils between worlds/dimensions is thinnest.  I am usually so darned tired cause I stay up too late on the computer that I'm gone to the world at that time and miss out.  I must confess, I love this thread and hearing everyone's paranormal adventures.  Maybe just about everyone has them but no one talks about it???

21Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:08 am

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Religion in my family? Oh boy, hilarious. For lack of a better way, I'll try to briefly explain it. Family supposingly was Roman Catholic. My twin brothers were grown an raised before I came along. They were both alter boys. Different for me as religion was not practiced in my home. My mother became a non-believer. My dad used religion whenever it was convient. I was religious curious as a child. When I was 7, we moved into a neighbourhood that was mainly Italian and was next door to the Jewish community. I started to go to church more out of curiosity than anything else and actually went for a few years because I like the ceremony of religion. At 13, I converted to what is now Wicca. However, as I got older my opinions of all religions evolved and for many years I consider myself spiritual.

22Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

While having seen none myself, I do know a number of people who have.

Wife was about 14 when her family moved into a newly built house. She's never liked to sleep there, even today. Feels uncomfortable down around the bedrooms. Father-in-law says that he once woke up and saw a woman standing by the window.

My Great-Aunt always said that there was a ghost in her house. The kids would be sitting on the stairs and hear someone coming down, so they'd slide over to let them pass... and no one would be there. She lived on the Bay de Chaleur (northern NB) and said that she'd seen the ghost ship twice.

My mother's cousin lived in a haunted house for a while. Her husband didn't believe her for the longest time. She'd see a floating glowing ball and it would zip through a door before he turned around. He finally came to believe her one night.

Him: "You forgot to put the cat out."
Her: "No I didn't. He's out."
Him: "Yes you did. He's on the bed, laying on my legs."
Her: "I'm telling you he's in the garage."
He sits up and lays back down.
Her: "Well?"
Him: "I'm going to sleep."

A house up the road from where I grew up was supposed to be haunted by an older woman. A young couple were renting it when I was a teenager. One night, when wife was at a meeting, the old woman started walking around the main floor. Husband went to daughter's bedroom (she was asleep) and locked himself in until his wife got home.

That same guy also had a strange happening at a hospital (some people must be more sensitive to this stuff). He was mowing lawn and slipped on a hill. The mower cut off one of his big toes. Later, he was lying in the hospital feeling sorry for himself when another patient (an old man) came in and started talking to him. This guy had a few things wrong with him including a missing arm and, in the course of their talk, the guy started feeling a lot better. A couple days later, he was starting to get around and asked where he could find the old guy. There was no patient in the hospital by that description.

23Creepy personal stuff Empty Re: Creepy personal stuff Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:23 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Reading all your stories is giving me the heebie jeebies. lol I've also had a few experiences, though nothing like hubby or our second son has experienced. They both seem to be extra sensitive to otherworldly things. I guess I'm not as tuned in, which is quite all right with me! haha Some of the stuff hubs has seen/felt is quite odd....

One house in Nanaimo we lived in had a child ghost. Hubs had taken to sleeping on the couch after our third son was born to give us more space in the bed. Anyway, he kept getting woken up in the night (I believe around 3am?) by someone running through the kitchen and past the backside of the sofa. He'd get up to look and there would never be anyone there...and the outside porch light would be on. This happened for about a week, every night like clockwork. Then one night hubs heard the footsteps running by and jumped up in time to catch a glimpse of a small child shadow speeding by. Thinking it was our then 8 year old son Cam, hubs went to his room to bust and found Cam sound asleep. Not too long after that, Cam came to me one evening asking if he could let his cousin Dave in to play because he was waiting at the front door. Confused because it was late and I hadn't heard from Dave's mother I went to the stair landing and looked down at the front door. The porch light was on and there was a child shape standing outside. But by the time I made it down to the door, there was no one there. I admit I was a little freaked out....and things seemed to mellow after that. Though the porch light continued to turn on by itself for as long as we lived there.

My mother was raised Catholic, but never held much faith in any of it. Her father had been real hardcore and a real bastard to boot. My father had no time for organized religion, though he was a very spiritual person. I consider myself the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum