Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Proud of my girls

+4
Ruffledfeathers
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
coopslave
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Proud of my girls Empty Proud of my girls Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:20 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Can you believe I got 5 eggs today? Shocked 
These pullets and hens went into crates on Friday night just before dark. We had to finish up things so we got a late start on Saturday. After 9 hours of travel it was to late and they got watered and fed in the crates and spent the night in the horse trailer. All day Sunday they were crated too because the new coop wasn't in the right place. We had been picking eggs out of all the crates. Except the cockerels of course! Laughing 
They got put in the coop late on Sunday night. So they spent all day yesterday cooped in the coop (I don't have the runs attached yet) but there is lots of room. Today when I got home from town there was 3 green eggs, 1 Coopers and 1 PChant pullet egg. What troopers they are to keep laying. Let's see how long it lasts.

2Proud of my girls Empty Re: Proud of my girls Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good girls! A testament to their reliability!

3Proud of my girls Empty Re: Proud of my girls Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:33 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Rock stars!!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4Proud of my girls Empty Re: Proud of my girls Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:04 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

What good girls.

5Proud of my girls Empty Re: Proud of my girls Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

6Proud of my girls Empty Re: Proud of my girls Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:31 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Tara, you are a bad girl!! Smiling. Way to go, Coopslave and your girls, they must have had a happy snappy journey and are just interested in very life itself. Why bother to get upset when things are good Smile  . Bet they keep on ticking, just like that bic lighter. My four Coopers are laying up a storm. Every day, beautiful, dark brown eggs, some little some so whomping big, wonder how they even get them out. And guess what? This is the coolest of cool. They are actually becoming quite friendly, I am thrilled about this. I spend a good deal of time in that coop with the other chooks and hand feed the dandelion greens that I am still picking copious amounts of from the side of the alfalfa fields. They have figured out that the greens sticking out of my hands are good things to chomp on. the birds would much rather bite pieces off from a stable plant, like a hand held plant, than try to bite pieces off something that is limp on the ground and little pieces are hard to get off unless they flick the plant. Ya, so you got some nice birds, and I got some of them too, smiling. Lovely to hear that they are laying as such. have a beautiful day, CynthiaM.

7Proud of my girls Empty Re: Proud of my girls Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:59 am

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

that's lovely Coopslave, guess they know they are safe and everything is going to be alright, you got their back :-).

8Proud of my girls Empty Re: Proud of my girls Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:24 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Talk about troopers!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum