Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted: Gold Laced Wyandotte cockerel/rooster

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wyandotte

I'm looking for a quality Gold Laced Wyandotte Rooster that I can use for breeding. Please include in your reply the weight of the bird, age and if his offspring has single combs. Please include your location and a picture of the rooster/ cockerel as well, send the info to: askb60@gmail.com
Thank you!

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a few roosters here, but none that I would call "quality" GLW roosters. I have been looking for some time for better GLWs, but they don't seem to exist in the area. I have wondered if sometime like Perry recently posted about the Buff crossed with a White rooster could be done with the GLWs.

Perryschofield

Perryschofield
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

rosewood wrote:I have a few roosters here, but none that I would call "quality" GLW roosters.  I have been looking for some time for better GLWs, but they don't seem to exist in the area.  I have wondered if sometime like Perry recently posted about the Buff crossed with a White rooster could be done with the GLWs.
I am working on Blacks, Barred, and Buffs this year. Will be doing cross-backs next spring. So far the the crosses are MUCH bigger then the types (Wyamdottes - Barred is a new type in Canada) I am trying to improve. See what happens when I breed them back. About 1/4 should be the colour I need. I will kill all chicks except those that come out the right colour. Harsh, but much to expensive to raise just to give away. I only need to get 5 or 6 of the three colours to use for the next level. My Buffs are crossed out to two different Whites lines (Ontario and Manitoba) and I will then crossed the two lines back together.

I am planning on trying a cross next year to my hugh White Wyandotte male to my best two Golden hens. If I do it in Jan/Feb I may be able to cross the chicks back in July/August and then keep the Goldens chicks from the cross-back next fall.

I am also starting another secret project which I hope to show my first results from next fall. (Also a LF Wynadotte Project)

I will try to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow from my first Buff cross last spring. I used my Buff roo on two Large white show line hens from Manitoba. they should be laying soon. The Chicks I am hatching now are from my large White Ontario roo over my Buff pullets. After tomorrow I should have between 20-25 chicks to choose from.

http://www.pandlgamebirds.ca

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Your Wyandotte project is interesting. Please keep us posted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum