Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:10 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

The sale is this Sunday who all is going
It is held at the Rink

Lone Pine

New Here

Planning on taking some Easter Eggers, Ameraucanas, barred rock bantam and Muscovy duck

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm coming and bringing Ameraucanas. Very Happy 

Hey Lone Pine, what variety of Am are you bringing?

4Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:41 am

Lone Pine

New Here

Black. Some of the "Easter Eggers" are actually a combination of black hens and a wheaton rooster. The cockerals have really awesome markings on their necks.

I bought some at the sale in the spring and these are some of the resulting chicks I hatched in May and June.

Eggs have been blue or olive green.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cool. I love blacks. DH didn't understand at first and thought they were 'plain' looking (Hah!) until I made him check them out in direct sunlight. Plain is the last word I'd use to describe the lustrous sheen that is their feathers. I love you And gotta love blue/green eggs. My absolute fav.

I'm getting rather excited for this sale. bounce

6Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:02 am

Lone Pine

New Here

Same here. Making boxes tonight.

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will be there, bringing guinea keets and muscovy ducklings.

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooo temptation! I wish I had room for guineas again. Strangely enough, I really miss their spazzy ways. Suspect Laughing 

I made a whooping three boxes last night. Man, are they time consuming to make or what! I think I must be doing it the 'hard way'. haha Do you guys put food/water inside? I have in the past, but was thinking I'd go with apple pieces this time. Way less mess because someone always spills the water. (not always the birds either Embarassed )

9Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:14 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh apple pieces are a good idea. I will put water in with the ducklings but probably not until I get them in the building.
I have to finish my boxes this evening, I just don't know how I will get them to Indian Head with out them flying out of the box of the truck Shocked 

10Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:19 am

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Put a tarp over them that should help

11Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just wanted to say I had a real good time at this sale. The birds I saw there where nice and healthy, and I liked the way things were run in general, minus bidding per bird instead of box. (That could get me in trouble if not paying enough attention, haha)
It was great to see familiar faces, and meet some new too. I just wish I could have stayed longer and gotten to chicken chat with more folks, but hubby was chomping at the bit to go and I wasn't into walking home. Laughing 

Also sorry I missed saying hi to you PC. I did see you sitting upfront, but felt shy and didn't want to intrude as the sale was already in full swing. Hopefully next time. Smile

12Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:49 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh flicker you should of, I asked Joe if he seen you to let me know but he couldn't see you in the crowd.  I am glad your birds did well at the sale.
I actually found them very unorganized this sale,sually they are much better.  Gord tried to say EO's were cross chickens because he never heard of them and when a bcm roo was up there he said it was a cross as well because he hasn't seen Marans with feather legs...haha I think this old timer needs to update his education on chicken breeds Smile

13Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:20 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep Flicker you should have come up and said hey
Darwin and I enjoyed metting your Hubby and your Little one Your Husband looks like a real fun person he has those happy eyes and smiles alot

PC old Gord did not like it when I jumped him that the EO's were Pure did he and then when you backed me up by taking the cell up and showing him the breed that really got him Steaming
Oh well he wont be there for the spring sale and maybe not the fall one either
Had fun and enjoyed seeing people from the groups and meeting new people from the groups

14Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Lone Pine

New Here

Hi Flicker. Bought one of your boxes. Really like the blue hen. I would have like to have bid for more, but space in the coop didn't allow. Was really only going to buy a new roo.

15Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:54 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Prairie Chick wrote:Oh flicker you should of, I asked Joe if he seen you to let me know but he couldn't see you in the crowd.  I am glad your birds did well at the sale.
I actually found them very unorganized this sale,sually they are much better.  Gord tried to say EO's were cross chickens because he never heard of them and when a bcm roo was up there he said it was a cross as well because he hasn't seen Marans with feather legs...haha I think this old timer needs to update his education on chicken breeds Smile
Next time I definitely will PC. I haven’t been to that many auctions that weren’t circus shows, so this one seemed smooth sailing in comparison. lol I’m looking forward to the spring sale now. Or maybe it’s just spring! Laughing I'm glad you and appway where there to educate an old timer on a few breeds. I missed all that. (probably chasing my feral child, haha) Hopefully too many feathers weren't ruffled in the process. What a Face 

appway wrote:Yep Flicker you should have come up and said hey
Darwin and I enjoyed metting your Hubby and your Little one Your Husband looks like a real fun person he has those happy eyes and smiles alot
Thanks Joe. It was nice to see you and Darwin again too. Yeah, hubby is pretty laid back in general, a real go with the flow kind of guy. hehe He really liked the look of the OEGs, and thinks we should get some one day. My response: get building, dear! Razz 

Lone Pine wrote:Hi Flicker. Bought one of your boxes. Really like the blue hen. I would have like to have bid for more, but space in the coop didn't allow. Was really only going to buy a new roo.
That’s great Lone Pine, thank you. I hope the pullets do well for you. Smile Did you find a roo as well? I saw a nice, young black boy (think he belonged to Snookie?) I was tempted to bid on, but restrained myself. I already have 5 cockerels and 2 mature roosters to winter, and don’t wanna rock the boat. I find males tend to need more space than the girls or all hell breaks loose.

16Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:58 pm

Lone Pine

New Here

I did buy a new black roo. I don't know any of the people in the poultry business yet. Not sure who Snookie is, but the seller came from Regina.

17Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Empty Re: Indian Head Sale this Sunday Oct. 6th Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:00 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oops, I thought Shnookie was on here as well as the ACE forum. I don't know too many faces yet either, but am hoping to change that one event at a time. Wink I'm sorry I missed meeting you on Sunday as well.

That's great you found a roo there. I have a spare black cockerel I'd be willing to let go if you hadn't found one at the sale.

I'm getting anxious for spring now. Too much so...Laughing

eta: also wanted to say if you have any questions about the birds you bought from me, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email. I'm more than happy to talk chook anytime. Smile

Last edited by Flicker Chick on Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum