Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Indian Head small animal and bird sale

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Indian Head small animal and bird sale Empty Indian Head small animal and bird sale Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:52 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sunday April 17th in Indian Head Saskatchewan. Sale starts at 11:30 am.

LynBar Ranch

LynBar Ranch

Is this a new sale too?
Expected to be a large sale??

http://LynBarRanch.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

No this is not a new sale, they have one every spring and fall. It is an auction, I will post the flyer from my computer right away. Very Happy (sry on my celly)

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

I used to think I might make it to this sale one year but the Spring one seems too early for us to have anything old enough to sell.
I guess it would be ok to sell mature stock at though.

I heard that all the birds must be purebreds to sell and you pay a yearly membership?

Heard some good things about it because the seller is a bit more accountable, they must attach their name to the boxes?

Also heard they take the birds out of the cages to show them properly but I am a little unsure about the biosecurity of this approach..

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

mirycreek wrote:I heard that all the birds must be purebreds to sell and you pay a yearly membership?
Yes purebreds only, although they do sell EE's and yes a yearly membership which is $20 and with that $20 you get a quarterly newsletter and free advertising in that newsletter. Also commission is only 10%

mirycreek wrote:Heard some good things about it because the seller is a bit more accountable, they must attach their name to the boxes?
Yes sellers name goes on the box, which as you said is nice as seller is more accountable.

mirycreek wrote:Also heard they take the birds out of the cages to show them properly but I am a little unsure about the biosecurity of this approach..
Yes they take the birds out of the boxes and put them in a display cage as they sell them.

You are very informed about the sale Miry
Very Happy

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

It sounds like a good sale, I think that is the lowest commission of any auction, would be a really good deal if you had lots to sell there and if you went to both the Spring and Fall sale because then the $20 would be worth it.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum