Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart*

+2
coopslave
Ruffledfeathers
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

The 1st pic is of the 1st night home
Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 008_zpsf0822a6a" />

The next pic is of the swollen hand after we got home at 1230am from emerg and our 1st treatment of IV
Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 013_zpsbceae9ed" />

Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 015_zpsa548c458" />

Today we went in and had it re-wrapped. We had to do 4 days of Silvercite gauze. This is a heavy silver colored gauze that actually draws out the moisture and deposits silver to help healing.
Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 043_zps09bbbb2e" />

Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 045_zps5d1eb5de" />

Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 047_zpse92b9a25" />

Today we have stopped the Silvercite gauze and have gone to an Iodine laced gauze which is similar to Adaptic gauze but it has Iodine on it. Tah dah. Believe me it looks better. We still have a long ways to go. For some stupid reason my computer and my mind are refusing to co-operate go figure...

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very, very lucky man. It looks to be healing very nicely!

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Lucky Guy it is starting to loo good
Thanks for sharing

bounce 
Glad he still has his hand. Myyyy goodness

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh boy, now that is a nasty one. The story of what happened to Hubby was just heart rendering, boy oh boy, to watch something like that happen, and feel the helplessness that one could give. Not a doubt in my mind the silver infused dressings have helped to heal. Silver also helps to rejuvenate tissue I understand as well. Just something about silver. A story been around forever more, too, was back before refrigeration, a silver dollar was put into milk to keep it fresh, true, false, who knows, but that came up in my research many years ago about the power of silver. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Updated pics of his hand.
Got to see a wound care doctor in emerg the other day. I think he was almost excited to hear he had a wound care patient come in. He didn't even take us into a room just looked at his hand right there in triage in front of everybody, good thing we aren't shy people Embarassed . Turns out his was totally impressed with his progress and processed to tell us about how what we are dealing with is nothing compared to what he deals with in the US. I was asking what do you call wound care? He says well usually its gapping holes in peoples flesh that's you know rotting and has some sort of antibiotic resistant strain of bugs that just won't leave. Well when you put it that way its does seem pretty good.
Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 002_zpsf180044f" />

The brown strips are called restore. Its another Silver product that helps with healing.

Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 004_zps6b09fdcf" />

Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 008_zps88794417" />

Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* <a href=Photo's of I get it. It got serious part 2. *not for the faint of heart* 010_zps49c4fc2d" />

If I had a better stomach I would surely look into 1st aid and not just for my family, lol.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Amazing really. Keep up the good work, whatever you guys are doing is the right thing.

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

really good photos. where can you get Restore? Looks like it would be excellent to have in the bathroom cupboard or first aid kit.

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm not sure if it is even available to the public ie. shoppers, walmart ect... but I would have no problem asking the gals where a person could get some.

I can't help but think who would have thought heavy metals would help one heal so well. Which I totally find funny considering it was a damn dirty pine that got us here in the start Laughing 

Magdelan

Magdelan
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

thanks Ruffledfeathers. I guess I could always ask myself too of course but maybe it helps to have inside info. You can get so many excellent dressings now but the very best are probably not on the shoppers shelf. Worth a look though.

yeah, who would have thought that metal would be so useful. Been so impressed by how it is dangerous to us (thinking mainly about mercury in fillings and vaccines etc.) Speaks to how much we don't know about stuff I guess :-).

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Fascinating journey and interesting insight.  The pictures make me a little queasy though... Shocked 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum