Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Importance of Poultry Shows

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Importance of Poultry Shows Empty The Importance of Poultry Shows Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:41 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

For those who may be thinking about showing your birds, here's a good overview of the advantages of showing!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

2The Importance of Poultry Shows Empty Re: The Importance of Poultry Shows Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:53 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks for the nice video.  There is a great poultry show this weekend Aug 31, Sept 2 and 3, 2013)in Barriere, BC.  We have a knowledgeable judge.  The show comes with a great agricultural fair and rodeo.

I still great the boot when I go to post.

3The Importance of Poultry Shows Empty Re: The Importance of Poultry Shows Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:31 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am hoping to attend the show in November. There are so many of you that I want to meet!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

4The Importance of Poultry Shows Empty Re: The Importance of Poultry Shows Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:09 pm

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bump 

I had an email the other day from someone who was wondering what the difference was between a market sale and a poultry show. This you-tube video gives a good overview.
Anyone interested in chickens, waterfowl, pigeons or rabbits is sure to enjoy the upcoming Provincial show in Red Deer. We have only a few shows in Alberta each year, so its a good opportunity to check it all out. If you are already doing some breeding, why not enter a couple of your own birds and have them assessed by a qualified judge? Its fun and educational!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

5The Importance of Poultry Shows Empty Re: The Importance of Poultry Shows Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:29 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah, that was a cute video, and I really liked the music and the southern drawl of that man, kind of like accents I think. Anyways, saw a nice buff orpington rooster in that video, well, actually saw that bird two times, I see things, smiling. Going to take a few of my buffs to the show this weekend, want to hear what people think of them. And I really want to see some breeds of poultry, like the modern games (I think they just look so ding darn cool), oh, oh....and I wonder if anyone is bringing some dark Cornish, I love to look at them too, I remember seeing Heather's at a show in armstrong one time, and oh man, they are just the coolest of cool (both modern game and the dark cornish, LF). Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

6The Importance of Poultry Shows Empty Re: The Importance of Poultry Shows Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Bawc

New Here

Informative video Kathy, we were at the Mount forest show today and it was fun but I have a distance to go before showing any bird.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum