Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Couple questions

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Couple questions Empty Couple questions Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:15 am

olesoftie

Can you give inside caged chickens Dietanacous earth as a bath?? Also I have a young chicken that I have treated for coccidiosis she was one of a group of four the others are and were fine. Can she be put back in with them after her treatment is finished?

2Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:26 am

If it's Cocci, being in with them now IMHO (others can correct me) won't effect anything. I do NOT separate for Cocci. If they are that far gone with Cocci and can't be around young birds their size, then I would have probably put them down.

I use my birds to dust my coop walls with DE. I put a big box of it in the middle of the coop, leave the vent windows open and close the door. They send dust up into the air for an hour or so and I let them out for the night, leaving the door open so it can air out and settle.

3Couple questions Empty Re: Couple questions Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:30 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

De is good chickens will like to dustbathe in it. I sprinkle a little in their food.
I think they would all have been exposed already to cocci. Should be able to put the one back now.

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

4Couple questions Empty Couple questions Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:55 am

olesoftie

Was a little worried useing straight DE. Good to know I figured I could put her back with her buddies just wanted to make sure! Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum