Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Troubles posting?

+2
rosewood
islandgal99
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Troubles posting? Empty Troubles posting? Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:03 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

In the past two weeks, I would estimate I have lost half of the posts I have made here. Hit send and they disappear into thin air. Anyone else having troubles?

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

2Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

The problem has been brought up a couple times, but not resolved. You're suppose to contact a moderator. I just open a second forum page and post on the first. You can retrieve your post byu backspacing.

3Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:44 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is still an annoying problem. I just lost a long post on the camping topic. I don't believe it is a browser problem as it only happens on this forum.

4Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:41 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've had this happen too, but not just on this forum. Not sure where all the disappearing posts go, does anybody really know? Suspect

5Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:28 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I have replied to the other threads regarding this issue, explaining what to do.
No one has contacted me via email or private message.

Try clearing the forum cookies or clearing the cache.

It's not an issue related to the WCPS, it's related to the internet browser. Internet Explorer has it's issues.

6Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:38 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Interesting that it is the browser Jonny. I have tried the things you suggested and get kicked out often still.
I wasn't having any trouble until the site changed. Now when I post the first time I get kicked out and lose all the new posts. Then I will get kicked out up to 3 or more times as I am having a look, mainly if I post.
Sigh, will copy this so when I get kicked out again as I post this, I can find this thread and repost.......

Yep, kicked out. Even the login no longer recognises me and my password a large percentage of the time.
Lets see if I have to login in again with this post. It doesn't happen twice very often.

7Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:52 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I use Crome and Firefox, on two different computers at home, and also my IPhone. Same thing on all. This doesn't happen to me on other (gasp) forums.

8Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:28 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

No cookie testing.

9Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:29 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

It worked that time.

10Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:44 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Just cleared cookies again, lets see what happens.

Was ok that time, but I just never know. Will keep you all posted (like you all care! Laughing ).

11Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:48 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

I searched the help forums, for tech support and not seeing any threads or topics regarding this. I have contacted a good friend of mine to help me look into this issue further, as perhaps there is something I am missing.

Island gal, are you using Safari on your Iphone?

Normally issues such as being logged out are related to your internet browser or the settings.
I am in the middle of a coop build right now, just finished second coat of paint, I will further post and look into this later on tonight.

When you log into wcps, select the option to remember your username and password.

Hopefully my friend will have some answers or insight by then, as I am coming up stumped at the moment.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused anyone, Since the host server changed over the tool bar settings there have been numerous bugs popping up.

I will log a report to tech support and see if they can see anything wrong with the forum code.

Cheers,

Jonny

12Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:53 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks Jonny. It isn't a huge deal, just frustrating.
Always choose the option to remember. It comes up ticked already and I will untick it and retick it to make sure it sets and then, poof, logged out again. Just kinda weird is all.

Just got kicked out posting this too. Glad I copied it..........

13Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:57 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

coopslave wrote:Thanks Jonny.  It isn't a huge deal, just frustrating.
Always choose the option to remember.  It comes up ticked already and I will untick it and retick it to make sure it sets and then, poof, logged out again.  Just kinda weird is all.

Just got kicked out posting this too.  Glad I copied it..........

Yeah it is weird, and has me puzzled.

Mind you that does not take much. Laughing 

14Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:25 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I haven't had problems, using Chrome on a PC or using the regular internet browser on my Android phone.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

15Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:22 pm

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I do use Safari on the Iphone, Chrome on the PC and Firefox on the laptop, and all the same things happen. I have to re-log in frequently, which isn't the end of the world, and I suspected that may be because I use multiple computers. That only takes 30 seconds. What's frustrating is after spending 20 minutes typing up a message on the iphone, thumb and pecking away, usually on an existing thread...hit the send and it's gone. Then hit back and it's gone. Or 10 minutes on the pc or laptop. Hit send and it's gone, hit back and it's gone. I'm trying to remember to copy before I hit send, but I don't always remember.

I don't think it has happened as a thread starter. Only as a response to a thread, whether it's my own or someone else's. And I'm on a number of other forums (there's that gasp again) and it has not happened on any of the others.

And I have reset my cookies on the PC and laptop, and it still happens.

Thanks for listening Johnny, and hopefully there is an easy fix. Cheers.

16Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:15 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

One item not mentioned here is when you select "Clear Forum Cookies"  you may also be clearing cookies from other sites.  I have some somethings to redo now. Editting a second to say that I did find the missing cookies.

Last edited by rosewood on Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

17Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:19 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

As I posted an edit to my previous post I was given the boot again and had to log in again.

18Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:49 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

rosewood wrote:As I posted an edit to my previous post I was given the boot again and had to log in again.

editted my previous post about deleting cookies.

19Troubles posting? Empty Re: Troubles posting? Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

rosewood wrote:One item not mentioned here is when you select "Clear Forum Cookies"  you may also be clearing cookies from other sites.  I have some somethings to redo now.  Editting a second to say that I did find the missing cookies.

On the main index page of WCPS there is a link on the bottom right, that says Delete the forum cookies. This is specifically only for wcps.
Clearing the forum cookies by clicking that link....... will not clear the cookies from other sites.

If you go to your browser, under tools and browser history on IE 8, and delete the cookies from there, then yes you will delete the cookies from ALL sites you visited.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum