Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My chickens! (White Chanteclers and Houdans)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I've been a happy chicken owner for a few weeks now, so I thought I should show off my peeps! They all thought I was very scary with the black box in front of my face, so these are their "Ermagerd! Scary human!" poses.

My White Chant roo, named Moe James (the kid is in charge of naming things). He lost his long tail feathers in transport, but I like him anyway. He is a BIG BOY. I mostly bought the trio to get him.
My chickens! (White Chanteclers and Houdans) 07081310

Hen #1 - Lela James. I think she is on the small side for Chant hens.
My chickens! (White Chanteclers and Houdans) 07081311

Hen #2 - Nina James. Again, kinda small.
My chickens! (White Chanteclers and Houdans) 07081312

And my new Houdans! I am told they are not breeding quality (too skinny, not enough black), but since I am not interested in breeding Houdans, they are terrific additions to my flock of laying hens! They make me smile every time I see them - it's the punk rock hair!

I wanted to name them Brett Michaels and Nikki Sixx, but my kid has been calling them Giselle and Ella.
My chickens! (White Chanteclers and Houdans) 07081313

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Daisychainsaw

Daisychainsaw

Kewl Pictures 

Love the Houdans! Totally look like rockers Wink 

Lovely pictures. Your birds are exceptional, however I must admit, I'm more fascinated by the lighting.

I've tried to get that effect on some of my pictures, gave up trying. Hah!

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:Lovely pictures.  Your birds are exceptional, however I must admit, I'm more fascinated by the lighting.

I've tried to get that effect on some of my pictures, gave up trying.  Hah!

Well, to be fair, I do work with light for a living. Smile

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice birds. Moe is quite a noble looking roo. (and looks like he knows it too, lol)

I wanted to name them Brett Michaels and Nikki Sixx

Haha, love those names! I think you need to convince the kid punk rock chickens need rock star names. Razz

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

That Chantecler's a real nice looking boy. Its always nice to see more people raising Canuck Chooks! Canada Flag  Love the Houdans, too!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

KathyS wrote:That Chantecler's a real nice looking boy.  Its always nice to see more people raising  Canuck Chooks!  Canada Flag   Love the Houdans, too!

Vive la France!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum