Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not chicken related but...

+7
uno
Susan
coopslave
Blue Hill Farm
CynthiaM
Hidden River
islandgal99
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not chicken related but... Empty Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:42 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I have an audition for the "Recipe to Riches" recipe contest tomorrow in Vancouver. I will finish preparing my goods in the morning, then off at 7 am to catch the first ferry, then another...then kill some time in Van because I will be early, but with ferries better early than not getting there...

And I'm procrastinating right now, should be sleeping! The filming isn't fall, but if I win the category, that's the down payment for my farm. If I win the big one, that's the farm! Life would be easier with the farm paid off, I think. Way out of my comfort zone but totally worth it given the carrot that's being offered.

Asking for happy thoughts my way for the auditions!

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

2Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:15 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Wow good luck!

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

3Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:54 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh how extremely exciting, oh how I am wishing that you win well and can help to pay for your farm, what a lovely thing. Must be a wonderful baker!! Good luck, have that awesome day, CynthiaM.

4Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:56 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh wow, how exciting!!! Very Happy Wishing you the best, lots of luck, and don't forget to have fun! bounce

(Riding the ferry is something I will never miss, haha)

5Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:25 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very exciting! GOOD LUCK!

6Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:48 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Best of luck!! How cool is that? Let us know how it goes. Smile

7Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 am

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh, wow! Good for you for being able to step out of the comfort zone to achieve something. Wishing you luck and thinking that even if you don't win, something good has happened anyway.

8Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:56 pm

lady leghorn

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How exciting, I sure hope you do really good. Imagine, if you could pay off a bunch of money on your place. bounce 

But congratulations to get into a contest like this. cheers 

9Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:57 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

How exciting, I pray you win that would be so great to watch you winning Recipes to Riches cheers

10Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:08 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well? Are you back home yet? You know we are all hanging out waiting with baited breath to hear of how you have done. Oh, dreams, dreams, dreams. So wishing that you place and that your dream can come true to help to pay for a little farm, oh dreams, dreams, dreams, we all need to do that too, along with you. Beautiful days, of dreamin' and wishes a'comin' true, CynthiaM.

11Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am going to subscribe to this topic in case I miss it and you make a psot to tell of your tale, beautiful days, CynthiaM.

12Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:32 am

happychicks

happychicks
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Exciting indeed! All the best Money Throw 

13Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:09 am

islandgal99

islandgal99
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well 4 ferries and no golden ticket. But it sure was fun and I received some pointers for next year. It was an enlightening experience for sure. Thanks everyone for your support!

http://www.matadorfarm.ca

14Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:26 am

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Well you are a winner with all of us! Good for you for giving your best shot! And like you say, the pointers will be invaluable for the next chance.

15Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:38 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah, darn, oh well, saving up points is a good thing. Better luck for next time, awesome that you had come out of your comfort zone and tried. Was probably a beautiful day in Vancouver. Have another wonderful day, CynthiaM.

16Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:29 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Susan wrote:Well you are a winner with all of us! Good for you for giving your best shot! And like you say, the pointers will be invaluable for the next chance.

Exactly! My grandpa used to tell me there is no such thing as a wasted experience. Good or bad, you’ve learned something, and are richer for it.

flower

17Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 pm

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I agree with Flicker Chick, and there's always next year:) 

18Not chicken related but... Empty Re: Not chicken related but... Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 am

niglefritz

That is too bad. I think that I have a good idea too and one that according to some of last season's comments, should have worked. But, with a large family to care for and one under one...and having to travel so far, it isn't something that I could do right now. Even if I wanted to. :(It could also get us out of our place and on the way to our dream farm. If there are any pointers that you could share, I am would be interested! Razz I would LOVE to compete with you in future year. hahaha

I am glad that you were able to go and to learn something. I would have been rooting for you to go all of the way. Going out of your comfort zone can be hard, but it can sure be rewarding!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum