Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SK - Goats for sale

+2
Schipperkesue
Ruffledfeathers
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SK - Goats for sale Empty SK - Goats for sale Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:47 pm

Gate crashing goats for sale. Good luck. Farm pick up seeing as I can't deliver.

Murielle - Cashmere X Black Spanish, supposedly some LaMancha a few generations ago, but not sure. Can be caught and handled with protest but is curious. Low one on the totem pole, not polled, not bred. $50.

Gretel - Swiss Oberhalsi, not bred. Beautiful face, loveable personality. Climbs cars, sleeps on BBQ's. $250

Estelle - Cashmere X Black Spanish, still milking. Without taking him off, she gives half a pint, I'm sure she'd give more in the morning if you separated him. Good luck with that as well. Would milk better in a headgate, I think, but right now I just hold onto her horns and put my leg at her tail so she can't back up and milk with one hand. Queen of the herd, friendly and beautiful. $200

Sven and Walter - For sale, not for butcher. Serious inquiries only to the right home.

2SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Holy smokes sounds like the party is at your house drunken

3SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:42 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gretel may want to rethink her ways.

4SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:58 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Are you thinking she is predestined, Sue?

5SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Unlike the government, I believe in full disclosure.  A party insinuates fun, I am not having fun.  Perhaps someone with more money and harder fences will have better luck.  I love these guys, but, I had to weigh what I valued more or less in this situation.  So here we are.

Gretel's climbing abilities are excellent.  She has yet to scratch the car, but is going to one day I'm sure.  Ford fusions are mere child's play, and the hood and roof are not high enough for long term entertainment.  However, given the chance, I'm sure she'd sleep on the roof in the sun (sun roof).  She gets chased before she has a chance to relax that much.

Too smart for her own good, I suppose.  She is also a most excellent tree climber and trimmer.

6SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:59 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ruffledfeathers wrote:Are you thinking she is predestined, Sue?

Yes, I would say the term "Asking for it" never had a truer meaning.

7SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:00 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:  A party insinuates fun, I am not having fun.  

You are the parents who come home from a vacation to find their teenaged CHILDREN have been having that party.

8SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:52 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

This makes me so sad. I understand, and am sure you are frustrated beyond human limitations, but it still makes me sad. Wish I could ship you fencing. I know, they are probably all habituated to not being contained at this point.  I hope  you will be able to get better fences and start fresh with a couple of young doelings one day. Goats are so loveable when they aren't exasperating.

For future reference, here is what hubby built me for milking, and if he can build it, anyone can:
http://fiascofarm.com/goats/milkstand.html

Hugs.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

9SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:02 pm

lanaire-ranching

lanaire-ranching
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

SucellusFarms wrote:
For future reference, here is what hubby built me for milking, and if he can build it, anyone can:
http://fiascofarm.com/goats/milkstand.html

Thank you for this! what an excellant site... at just a glance it looks like it will be extremely useful in the future... (dont have goats right now, but I used to and loved having them around. but made mistakes the first time round, so want to make sure those dont happen again!)

Sweetened. I wish I lived closer. I really really do, and this isnt lip-service, pillow-talk. if nothing else I could give you a hand, or keep you company, have a coffee while we figure shtuff out

hopefully the universe hands you a break, and you can fix things up so that you can keep them before they are sold

10SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:13 pm

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Lanaire,

Yes, I referred to this site ALOT when I was starting out with my goats. Lots of fantastic info here. I have also bought some of her herbal products for the critters.

Another great site for herbal remedies is http://store.firmeadowllc.com/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=180 My favorite product is the Kop-Sel, which is an herbal copper and selenium supplement for goats.  Anytime the goats' tails start to look forked I add some to their feed and it gets all better.

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

11SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:20 pm

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well start Flaming but Goat burger is real good and it is summer. WHy sell them use them

12SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:54 pm

No flaming. Thought about it. Money is why, money to erect a fence.

13SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:No flaming. Thought about it.  Money is why, money to erect a fence.

I TOTALLY get this. I just finished doing 2 weeks of fencing for my animals.

14SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:58 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

That didn't work the way I wanted it too Rolling Eyes Anyways I was saying I get it.

15SK - Goats for sale Empty Re: SK - Goats for sale Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:58 pm

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

This is exactly why husband told me I could NEVER have goats. 

And having spent at least an hour this evening trying to get new sheep to go in the barn and join the rest of the flock so I could close them in for the night, little dog and I both running our legs off ... all I can say is I GET IT.  And sheep will quite quickly learn and it will all be peaceful and easy at least for a while....

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum