Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you could retire today

+7
rosewood
HigginsRAT
mirycreek
authenticfarm
Schipperkesue
Jonny Anvil
bckev
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1If you could retire today Empty If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:52 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am procrastinating from work and it got me thinking. If you could afford to retire from work today, would you ? And if you did would you farm full time?

2If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:01 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Yes! Yes! Yes!

3If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:09 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

If I were guaranteed my salary I would be gone in a flash! There are so many things I want to do.

It is one of the great enigmas of life. You either have no time and lots of money (job) or lots of time and no money (no job)

Sue

4If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:24 am

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would be so bored. I can't even go on holidays because it's not interesting enough. A beach with a book and a daquiri would be a nightmare for me! I am happiest when I have a million things to do and a calendar that is full of work!

My dream would be a full-time, live-in nanny/housekeeper/cook so that I could be freed up to work MORE.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

5If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 am

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

yes if you love your work, retirement wouldn't be the best thing, on the other hand, if you are waiting to retire to do the work you want to do, that would be the best thing!

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

6If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:53 am

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

7If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm in a similar situation to Tara only I'm too old to drive the public school bus, but not the family school bus as we live in rural BC.  We live on the road less travelled so no bus service for gkids.  There are times I wish I could retire from our small farm so I had more to work around the farm (?).  Here there is no problem with what to do, but just a problem with what to do next.

8If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:34 pm

mirycreek

mirycreek
Golden Member
Golden Member

really you can retire at any age as long as you are prepared and willing to live within your means Very Happy

http://www.feathers-farm.webs.com

9If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:16 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Boy, would I ever!

I have stuff I'd like to do (paint, woodwork, farm/garden).  unfortunately, I don't think I could get paid to do it.

10If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:23 pm

Schipperkesue wrote:If I were guaranteed my salary I would be gone in a flash!  There are so many things I want to do.  

It is one of the great enigmas of life.  You either have no time and lots of money (job) or lots of time and no money (no job)

Sue

Ditto.

Unless youre living is something you love, then I doubt retirement would be on your mind.

11If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:20 pm

I would do nothing !........................that I didn't like !

12If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:02 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

I will never retire I love my job The estate one, but yes I would become more selective and do more of the fin art and jewelry, spend more time with the birds and maybe a beach or 2 but never get out of it, it is to interesting and every estate is like Christmas.

http://www.popscoops.com

13If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:36 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:
Schipperkesue wrote:If I were guaranteed my salary I would be gone in a flash!  There are so many things I want to do.  

It is one of the great enigmas of life.  You either have no time and lots of money (job) or lots of time and no money (no job)

Sue

Ditto.

Unless youre living is something you love, then I doubt retirement would be on your mind.

I love what I do but there are other things I love to do more! There are so many things I would love to do there just aren't enough hours in the day!

14If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:52 am

viczoe

viczoe
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

My husband is on the cusp of retirement, slowly working less taking every Friday and 1 week a month off right now. He has worked hard all of his working years and has worked away constantly, so we are easing into it. Still plan on doing my bird thing but much more selectively, only keeping the few breeds near and dear to my heart.

We have a plan to play in our gardens, and yard, golf more and travel with our 5th wheel. We are now doing lots more of that but the birds will always be here and joy of joy I think I have finally found a really good farmsitter, who has no chickens (bonus) but is very comfortable around them. Retirement I hope will give us the gift of spending lots of time together doing the things we love, and so we are on our way!!Chicken

Heather

http://www.triple-h.ca

15If you could retire today Empty Re: If you could retire today Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:20 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

After my dad retired he always said 'I don't know how I ever had time to work' because he was so busy.  I have so many interests outside of work that I think I will be the same way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum