Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What color is this Ameraucana?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What color is this Ameraucana? Empty What color is this Ameraucana? Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Daisychainsaw

Daisychainsaw

Hi All! Wasn't use where to put this so here it is Very Happy

I have 6 Blue Ameraucanas. 3 boys/3 girls. One of the boys has gotten a lot of gold color (almost buff) on his head, neck and back. Is this gold leakage that I have read about or is he a blue wheaten?

All the others are blue except one girl has some gold lacing on her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks in advance Wink

2What color is this Ameraucana? Empty Re: What color is this Ameraucana? Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Daisychainsaw

Daisychainsaw

Not sure why the picture got cut off on the last one?

3What color is this Ameraucana? Empty Re: What color is this Ameraucana? Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:33 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Looks like leakage to me, in a wheaton you would have more definite coloring.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4What color is this Ameraucana? Empty Re: What color is this Ameraucana? Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:51 pm

Daisychainsaw

Daisychainsaw

Thanks Hidden River. I was thinking it was leakage as well but just wanted to make sure. I am going to put the boys up for sale (or in the freezer) as I can't keep them and wanted to ensure I describe them properly.

5What color is this Ameraucana? Empty Re: What color is this Ameraucana? Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:26 am

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Yep, definitely leakage - do you have any pics of the one with gold lacing?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum