Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black Cochin Hens

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Black Cochin Hens Empty Black Cochin Hens Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 am

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have two lovely year old hens. They are first generation girls from some lovely stock I purchased a couple years back from Joe Mazur. Unfortunately I have to rethink my future plans for breeding and cut down on my numbers of breeds due to a hand injury that will probably take about half a year to heal. With many tears and heartache I need to find some serious breeder homes for some of the unique breeds I have accumulated and love.

If I were to continue breeding black Cochin, I would use hen A. She is large and round and heavy. She has a lovely, wise, deep head. Her feet are fully feathered and her disposition is lovely. Right now she is raising a clutch of little ones but she should be ready to go by the Millet sale. She is $60

Hen B is smaller than A. I am asking $30 for her.

I will also have mixed black chicks from both hens at the sale for $10 and some chicks that are 3/4 Cochin and 1/4 light Brahma for $5. There are some pure Cochin amongst the crosses. You might think of it as a lucky dip!

2Black Cochin Hens Empty Re: Black Cochin Hens Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:51 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

aww, I understand the need to reduce the workload but my heart goes out to you for having to make these kinds of decisions, Sue. I'll have to think about your hens. I'm a bit (well more than a bit!) overstocked right now, but I'm sure they are beauties.

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

3Black Cochin Hens Empty Re: Black Cochin Hens Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:03 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Thanks, Kathy. I know there are a few serious Cochin fanciers out there. I will try to bring them to the Millet sale.

4Black Cochin Hens Empty Re: Black Cochin Hens Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Echo 1

Echo 1
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am so sorry to hear of your misfortune. Wishing you all the best for a speedy healing.

5Black Cochin Hens Empty Re: Black Cochin Hens Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:16 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ah geeze girl, what did ya do? That is dreadful and really hope you can find a good home for the birds you speak of, sigh...take care, and have a great day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum