Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baby chick bulk feeder

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Baby chick bulk feeder Empty Baby chick bulk feeder Mon May 30, 2011 7:01 pm

DLC

I bought a few of the Kuhl brand bulk chick feeders. They are for 30-35 chicks and I figure they paid for themselves in less than a month in feed savings. I have used every other kind of feeder and invariably the chicks scratch all the feed out or poop in it. They hold 10 lbs of feed.With this design it is impossible for the chicks to scratch the feed out. They do sell the cover seperate but I bought the covers also. They are in the Meyers cataloge on page 47. I know its a radical concept for some people but try them. You can also get them from Cutler pheasant supply in Michigan I think with shipping they are about $11.00 with the lid.

2Baby chick bulk feeder Empty Re: Baby chick bulk feeder Mon May 30, 2011 7:17 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Is this a red feeder with two compartments that you can screw on the wall? If so, I have one and it works wonderfully for older birds too. When I bought it (feed store in Swift Current) I was told it's actually for pigs... pig hehe

edited: Nevermind me, I’m a dingbat. Embarassed I goggled Kuhl feeders and that is not what I have. But they sure look interesting! I could use a bigger chick feeder so I just might give one a whirl…

3Baby chick bulk feeder Empty Re: Baby chick bulk feeder Mon May 30, 2011 7:25 pm

DLC

Its a red and yellow round one for chicks but the sides of the drum come out over the feed trough so they cant get there feet in to scratch the feed out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum