Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Partridge Chantecler Rooster

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 5:21 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

While I was out taking pictures of other birds I could resist taking some of the rooster I used in my second round of hatches as a sole sire. I am happy with so many things about him. His size, his leg thickness, his brow. Wink I wouldn't mind changing his comb and having a bit more tail but to be honest I can live with those things. Ignore his wings, he was mucking around and broke some feathers, he does have correct colour. Very Happy

Partridge Chantecler Rooster SAM_2145_zps37fbb2ed
Partridge Chantecler Rooster SAM_2143_zps9e67e747

This is why he looks a little beat up, just can't leave the other rooster alone...boys hey!
Partridge Chantecler Rooster SAM_2245_zpsf4dab483

I have to say he has a super sweet presonality and is so good with his ladies.
I promise this is the end of the photo onslaught!

2Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 5:25 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

He's so lovely! I am excited about getting some partridge chanties later this year.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

3Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Wow ! that boy has some trunks for legs ! How old is he ?

4Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 5:37 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

prairie dog wrote:Wow ! that boy has some trunks for legs ! How old is he ?

He sure does! He was a year old in April. I am looking forward to seeing what he looks like when he is really mature!!

5Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Reminds me of my Dark Cornish Roo , looks like stumps under his body ....LOL.... Very nice looking Roo though !

6Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 pm

KendraG

KendraG

He's so handsome!!

Save me a couple pullets? Pretty please with sugar on top? Very Happy

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

7Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 6:22 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

KendraG wrote:He's so handsome!!

Save me a couple pullets? Pretty please with sugar on top? Very Happy

I will keep you in mind. I am very cockerel heavy this year.....sigh......

8Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty partridge chantecler Wed May 15, 2013 8:24 pm

chickenhoarder

chickenhoarder
New Here

hello, If you have extra roosters I would like to get one. Will just have to find a way to get him down this way.

9Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 8:33 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Where are you chicken hoarder?

10Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 9:33 pm

chickenhoarder

chickenhoarder
New Here

just outside of Merritt

11Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Wed May 15, 2013 9:46 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Not that far from me, lets move this to pm, ok? I have a pretty busy week and I am away for the weekend, but if you pm me with what you are looking for I will see what I can do.

12Partridge Chantecler Rooster Empty Re: Partridge Chantecler Rooster Thu May 16, 2013 7:21 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

chickenhoarder, go into your signature and put in your location, makes it so much easier for us to know where you are, smiling. Hello, by the way.

Coopslave, that is one nice typey chantecler, was looking at the back and legs, in particular, very, very nice. Has Tara had a good look at him? Think she would like him too, smiling....Tara, Tara, where are you! I think that colour of the partridge male is a most beautiful shade of different browns, how lovely is that. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum