Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Mini Barn Playpen Coop, with pics.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Mini Barn Playpen Coop, with pics.  Empty The Mini Barn Playpen Coop, with pics. Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

Here is my latest creation,
2x2x3 Barn Style Mini Coop, on a 2x6 run. Seems like I always need another coop... lol

Built this coop in mind to rear a small group of chicks off heat, for a few weeks.
This one is slated to house two black orps who are roughly 6 weeks old and need a home on their own, they are terrorizing my younger chicks.

This would be great for so many purpose, Like mama hen raising young, as a Broody Hen house, or Isolation pen. Not overly big, but can temporarily house a few small critters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The unpainted wood part was constructed tonight, I am yet to finish it off, it's a two part flip lid I am working on, needs sheathing or wire.

There are a few more things that need to be done, but pretty close to being complete.

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Wed May 15, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'd like to build a house. Are you free? As in available? I don't mean 'free'. I like how much effort you put into a simple mini house. Like your trusses. We'll have to talk...

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'd like to renovate a house. Are you free? As in available? Unlike Uno, I do mean 'free'. Laughing

This is uber cute Love it!

Jonny, do you come up with these yourself or? These are lovely.

I'd love to build little things like this and line my yard with them. Too bad the only thing I can hammer well is my thumb.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very cute Jonny!

Sweetened, you don't use a hammer, silly rabbit! It's all about the impact driver, mitre saw, table saw and circular saw.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Those sound like they'd be good of alleviating me of my burden of, oh I dunno, limbs.

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sweetened wrote:Those sound like they'd be good of alleviating me of my burden of, oh I dunno, limbs.

You didn't need those anyway. You were only using them for evil.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Pollywog

Pollywog
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That is the cutest little coop ever! I'm going to try my hand at building a bantam tractor next week hopefully all goes well.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Update:

The Mini Barn PlayPen (A coop designed to grow out chicks off heat)

New Occupants, Young Black Orpingtons.

Too Cute.

So nice.

Is that hardware mesh or whatever it's called (metal) or the plastic stuff I use on selling boxes?

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Sweetened wrote:So nice.

Is that hardware mesh or whatever it's called (metal) or the plastic stuff I use on selling boxes?

Metal!

Thought so, just wanted to confirm. I have lots of that plasticy stuff on hand LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum