Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

looking for guinea fowl

+2
Cathyjk
bckev
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1looking for guinea fowl Empty looking for guinea fowl Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:45 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am looking for guinea fowl, hatching eggs or mature birds.type doesn't matter.

2looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:41 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

The guineas just started to lay, ok, I got an egg yesterday and one today.
I figure there must be 10-12 females; so once they start laying you are welcome to eggs.

3looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:35 pm

smokyriver

smokyriver
Golden Member
Golden Member

Cathyjk what color guineas do you have? What do you ask for your eggs and would you ship? Thanks!!

http://Www.poultrypalacecanada.com

4looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:37 pm

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

great, I figured they should be starting to lay soon. Let me know when they start getting prolific

5looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:01 am

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Mine haven't started yet as we are still in the minus temps but if it warms up soon I should have some as well.

6looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:26 am

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

We have 2 pairs free range at the ranch. They survive on their own sleeping in the rafters of the big hay barn. They moved here from the neighbours place. They do seem to have a clutch each year, but I don't ever see the eggs. I may catch a few youngsters this year as none of them seem to survive and get picked off one by one. The parents aren't the smartest tacks in the box. Rolling Eyes They are lavender and very pretty, but LOUD!

7looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:05 am

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I have a variety of colours but they have yet to start laying this year. Glad I'm not the only one.

Love my guineas and find they are very reliable warning birds!

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

8looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:07 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I had guinea years ago but they slowly got picked off, or took off. I had keets one year run under the chicken house and not come back out again so that is where they died. Not too bright at all.

9looking for guinea fowl Empty Re: looking for guinea fowl Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

smokyriver wrote:Cathyjk what color guineas do you have? What do you ask for your eggs and would you ship? Thanks!!

I have mostly pearls, but I have one male Royal Purple and a White female, plus a pair of lavender from the mating of purple/white or purple/pearl.

Everyone runs together.

Happy to ship eggs. My husband regularly travels to Alberta so happy to send them part of the way with him and then let him put them on Greyhound in Calgary.\

Send me email to kincaic@gmail.com with what you would like.

I had originally had them at 25 dollars a dozen, plus shipping, but happy to let them go at a dollar an egg plus shipping.

C

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum