Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So strange....

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So strange.... Empty So strange.... Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:54 pm

So, I've been pulling off breeders to sit with my project roo, Baykon, trying to control what traits I pull out of what hatch. So, I haven't been able to identify my dark cornish girl's egg and have, again, been getting 2 blue eggs a day from (I thought, anyway) my 2 EE girls.

Well, wasn't I surprised to find a few things today. First, only the Dark Cornish girl remained in the pen with the rooster, the 2 EE's had somehow made it out. However that said, there were 3 eggs in the next in that pen. 1 light tan, one blue and one darker tan. There was another blue egg laid in another nest outside the breeding pen.

Now, I'm trying to figure out if a bird I had housed with that other rooster figured out how to get in (none of those girls are high fliers) and then back out, so only one EE hen laid in there, or if I have a bird from last year's breeding season who I have no reason to believe is ee or Amer blood line who lays a blue egg and an EE that doesn't.

Hrrrrrmmmmm........

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum