Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not your average day at work.

+7
Hidden River
Jonny Anvil
CynthiaM
SucellusFarms
uno
rosewood
Butterboy
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not your average day at work.  Empty Not your average day at work. Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

So, I get back from lunch today and I am told to expect a camera crew arriving any minute to do a tv segment. Ten minutes later the crew is at the farm and well this is the result

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:59 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling those of us in the boonies that just get "waiting for globaltvcalgary". Rumour has it here that we are getting something that works soon.

3Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:11 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Good luck with all your upcoming babies! You will be busy around your place! Nice coverage!

4Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:12 pm

What a wonderful segment! All those cute babies! And you both, adorable farmers. What great advocates you are for farming. Congrats on the segment, and all the beautiful new life around the farm.

5Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

rosewood wrote:Perhaps you wouldn't mind telling those of us in the boonies that just get "waiting for globaltvcalgary". Rumour has it here that we are getting something that works soon.

They came out to see our brand new lambs. They were loving that march came in like a lamb.

I was really excited for these lambs as they are the first out of my new barbados ram. That little guy is a barbadosxfinnxhamp. should grow really nice.

I was really happy that the pig got in the segment too, we are all so excited for her litter and it is nice to be able to show the public rare breeds.

6Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:27 am

SucellusFarms

SucellusFarms
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Congratulations! I thought that lamb looked like a Barbados X. The ones we had grew really well before the coyotes ate them at 3 months old...

http://www.sucellusfarms.ca

7Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:05 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Awe, now wasn't that just darn nice. You should be very proud of that. The pictures were very clear as were the voices too. Who was the girl? Just nosey ol me...the place looked so clean and orderly, again, be proud, you doin' good!! That pig was darn neat too. Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

8Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:47 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Great segment Callum!

9Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:26 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

That was awesome, such a great segment.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

10Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:04 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am getting out of barbados and more into dorpers. I am curious about your mix, and that she only had a single, usually fins have a minimum of twins, and barbados usually twin as well. Is this her first lamb?

11Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

bckev wrote:I am getting out of barbados and more into dorpers. I am curious about your mix, and that she only had a single, usually fins have a minimum of twins, and barbados usually twin as well. Is this her first lamb?

She did have twins but we only showed the one.

Robyn is my colleague. We just work together. She is a carpenter so she does a really good job of keeping things nice and orderly around the yard.

12Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:40 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hidden River wrote:That was awesome, such a great segment.
That was cool. Do you know someone at the tv station? How did they find out about the lamb?
cheers

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

13Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:52 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Very nice vidio and looks like you have an awsome place

http://www.popscoops.com

14Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

bcboy wrote:
Hidden River wrote:That was awesome, such a great segment.
That was cool. Do you know someone at the tv station? How did they find out about the lamb?
cheers

We have had al three of the local stations feature us each year for the past few years, they all seem to love the animals and is is great free publicity! They have been calling us since mid February asking if we had lambs for the beginning of march, and luckily our first lambs were born on the morning of the first!

15Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Awesome advertising and so cute... selling any of those large black piglets ??? Hmmm??

16Not your average day at work.  Empty Re: Not your average day at work. Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Butterboy

Butterboy

Cathyjk wrote:Awesome advertising and so cute... selling any of those large black piglets ??? Hmmm??

I will be in the fall Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum