Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kale, beans and lettuce are UP

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hey, planted a bunch of seed in the greenhouse (it is attached to the house)....

The kale, beans and lettuce are all showing up!
I have tomatoes starting to show too, little tiny tomatoes

All good

2Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:07 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cathyjk wrote:Hey, planted a bunch of seed in the greenhouse (it is attached to the house)....

The kale, beans and lettuce are all showing up!
I have tomatoes starting to show too, little tiny tomatoes

All good

Pictures Please!!!! Laughing
Thanks for posting. cheers

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

3Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 pm

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Mine are downstairs under lights but I too have lettuce, summer savory, leeks, and the odd tomato poking through. It is so exciting. My greenhouse won't be heated for a few weeks yet, but it is nice to have a start in the indoor garden! This winter I am going to use those lights all winter and keep a crop of lettuce,micro greens and pea shoots going all winter long.

4Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:18 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well, how nice is that!! Not there yet, not even thinkin' of it. You got teeny tiny tomatoes, you did mean plants, right? Not the actual matoes? Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

5Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:47 am

*Pout. Folds arms like a kid and stomps foot* Congratulations.

6Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 am

debbiej

Full Time Member
Full Time Member

You guys are an inspiration, I may have to start bedding plants. Usually I plant too early and have to replant my squash plants. I checked on the plants in my greenhouse and the broccolli and cauliflower are growing. I planted them in the fall.

7Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

CynthiaM wrote:Well, how nice is that!! Not there yet, not even thinkin' of it. You got teeny tiny tomatoes, you did mean plants, right? Not the actual matoes? Have an awesome day, CynthiaM.

Nope, I have little tomatoes... cool eh.. will post a picture later.. have to find the camera

8Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Cathyjk

Cathyjk
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I know they are really small, but I'm so excited... makes me feel like spring is almost here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

9Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:55 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cathyjk wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Thank-you for taking the time to post the pictures.
Nice tomatoes!!!

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

10Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:53 am

Bowker Acres

Bowker Acres
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a pot variety of tomato started that did well for me last year. It was called Sweet and Neat. It didn't grow much taller 12 inches and was loaded with sweet little tomatoes. I am hoping this year I can start some in July and keep them under lights in the basement for the winter so I can have tomatoes all winter. I am going to take a few pots of them up to the cabin as well. Hope the rest of the family appreciates them.

11Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Empty Re: Kale, beans and lettuce are UP Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:22 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh man Cathyjk. Now if that isn't just darn coooooool. Gives hope for the spring and summer to come, smiling.

Debbie, don't sow the squash seeds too early, it does nothing. Trying to remember the coastal weather, such a long time ago, smiling that big smile. I don't think I ever sowed the seeds of curcurbits (squash, cucumbers, as such) til after at least the 3rd week of May. They just won't do anything, might germinate, but they just get cold and nothing really gets going until warm nights happen. Your climate may be a little different on the Island, but think it is pretty similar to the mainland. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum