Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No, blah!! a mosquito

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No, blah!!  a mosquito Empty No, blah!! a mosquito Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:40 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

No way, can't believe this. I was outside a few minutes ago, it is raining a little bit, and guess what flew by me, yep a freakin' mosquito. Oh, oh, is this a bad sign? Are we going to have the year of the mosquito? They were not all that bad here last year, well I didn't think they were, at our place, but other places? Not sure.

It has been mild the past couple of days, the high yesterday was 5 and the low last night was 2. Oh, oh. I don't think this is right, it should not be this mild, yet. I know February had cold, -17 for surely and easily. Need to look at my records on last year's calendar to confirm my thoughts. Oh well. Just thought I would let you know, that at least one has come out. And where was it? Where did it hide, probably an impregnated female, just like the wasp family, hiding, finding a good place to lay eggs. I wonder if the male mosquito dies, just like the wasp family and the pregnant mamma comes out to do her awful magic...oh well, just a silly thought this morning. Have a wonderful, mosquitoless day, CynthiaM.

2No, blah!!  a mosquito Empty Re: No, blah!! a mosquito Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:00 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Yuck musquitoes but already wow maybe we won't get the insane cold I keep thinking is right around the corner...

3No, blah!!  a mosquito Empty Re: No, blah!! a mosquito Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:40 am

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I think you jinxed me Cynthia because I replied yesterday to you and then last night as I put on my boots to do nighttime critter check and thought I saw a mosquito. Figured I'd gone completely mad and seeing things. Then when I went to brush my teeth there was a mosquito on the mirror! I squished it good but WTH! If you've seen my pics it is snowy and although warm for this time of year looking out my window does not look springlike! Wow I hope this doesn't mean it's going to be a horrible mosquito year but I'm baffled at where it came from!

4No, blah!!  a mosquito Empty Re: No, blah!! a mosquito Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ok somebody has to either find/design us a smilely face that has its fingers in its ears and is says la la la la...

I haven't seen any quitos but have noticed the influx of 8 legged vermin Suspect Them I don't like, foul little creatures. I usually go on that. Seeing spiders out and about means its goning to be spring soon.

Mind you though it was -8 last night so maybe....
There has been chatter of trucks going to early shift?

5No, blah!!  a mosquito Empty Re: No, blah!! a mosquito Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I would weep for your squitoes but my tears would freeze.

6No, blah!!  a mosquito Empty Re: No, blah!! a mosquito Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 pm

SerJay

SerJay
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

LOL my avatar pic was taken a week and a half ago while x country skiing down in town so does not look like mosquito weather. I have no idea where this thing came from but I'm blaming Cynthia she made it appear I'm sure of it Shocked

I hear yah on 8 legged creatures Ruffled and if I see one I'm blaming you now cause I HATE them things give me shivers just thinking about them YUCK!

Don't weep fowler but wait eye-sicles might look great on you Very Happy

7No, blah!!  a mosquito Empty Re: No, blah!! a mosquito Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:43 pm

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

SerJay wrote: I have no idea where this thing came from but I'm blaming Cynthia she made it appear I'm sure of it Shocked

I hear yah on 8 legged creatures Ruffled and if I see one I'm blaming you now cause I HATE them things give me shivers just thinking about them YUCK!

Very Happy wasn't me....I promise Twisted Evil have a most awesome night, CynthiaM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum