Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random early morning allergy attack...

+3
Susan
call ducks
Jonny Anvil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Random early morning allergy attack... Empty Random early morning allergy attack... Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:33 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Well these are never fun... Not a serious attack but a good one still. Just waiting for the antihistamines to kick in.

Who knows what triggered this attack, all I can recall is I was feeling alright earlier... Fell asleep on the couch, woke up to itchy eyes, thinking nothing of it went to bed. Laying there my eyes started to get that feeling. By the time I went to look in the mirror they were all puffed up, and I had blotches all over my face and neck. I figured it wasn't worth waking anyone to be rushed into the hospital, so I took two Benadryl. Figured i'd go back to bed... 15 mins pass by and now I am itchy inside my mouth, my arms, hands even my beard was itchy...lol Got up out of bed and came and sat on the computer. Another what seemed like 20 mins went by and wasn't feeling any better, started to get a few hives on my neck...So I took a third Benadryl. That was 40 mins ago or so.

My allergies have never been severe enough to require an epi pen, and this attack doesn't seem to be getting any worse, mind you I can barely see through swollen eyes, and I am sneezing like crazy, minor swollen airways... I don't think it's worth going to the hospital. I have had worse attacks before no point taking up a bed in the ER!

All I know is that I can already feel the Benadryl kicking in.. getting very very sleepy. The upside of taking that pink pill is it brings me relief, the down side is it knocks me out pretty hard. No choice but to sleep it off.
Silly allergies.

If anyone is looking for me I am Sleep Sleep Sleep

call ducks

call ducks
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Are you allergic to anything you know off?

Mom, and maybe me (we think so) are allergic to soy! And some other things so here's a set of questions we ask each other after a reaction....

What was the last thing you.
Ate
Touched
smelt

And then go read the ingredents on the food we just ate 9 times out of 10 there is soy in it Neutral

Susan

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Be careful Johnny. Stay awake until you know the symptoms are passing. And get someone to watch you. If I were you, I'd head to the doc. You don't need your airway closing off while you are asleep. Seriously. Be careful

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Hope your doing better when you get up and all the meds have kicked in. I am thinking the only things that have changed in the last few days is the poplar trees with the white fuzz coming off them. I know poplar trees are my bad one.
Mind is has also been windy as well so could have kicked up a few things in the air. Sure hope your not allergic to your chickens Embarassed

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

5Random early morning allergy attack... Empty Re: Random early morning allergy attack... Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:08 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Jonny, I would not recommend that you fool around with any allergy that makes the inside of your mouth tingle or itch or cuts off your airways. Those two in combination are bad news.

Simple chest congestion is one thing, but restricted breathing passages is another.

I have developed allergies to chicken dust and now must clean the pen while masked up. It still irritates my eyes. If I breathe chicken dust, about an hour later a large elephant arrives and sits on my chest. IT's very hard to breath with him sitting up there, but it passes. There is no itching or hives, just coughing and difficulty breathing...but not like what you are having! Get thee to a doctor!

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Well I am alive, and coherent.

Groggy as all get out though... just bagged Sleep

Not sure what the cause was, only thing I can think of is I might have disturbed a dust pile or something while passed out on the couch..
I needed up falling asleep in my computer chair... lol eventually made my way to bed. Woke up just dazed.

Only thing remanent of the attack is a stuffy nose and the feeling like I'm dreaming.

I hate being fair skinned... between IBS and Allergies I just can win... but none the less I keep trucking.

back to Sleep

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

My son came home a couple days ago with huge hives all over his body. I can't figure out what it is. We thought maybe the soap didn't rinse out of his clothes properly but when we tried new clothes that didn't help. I have been giving him benadryl and it takes the itch away but the hives are getting worse.

Ack! I hate not knowing what the cause is!!! Allergies are evil!! Evil or Very Mad

8Random early morning allergy attack... Empty Mosquito allergy Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:51 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I have a terrible allergy to mosquitos. If I get bitten, I blow up like a balloon and oh, the itching. I have wakened in the night with bites on my arms, face and head and like you have to rely on an antihistimine. I have an Epi-pen for Mosquitos and bee stings. Not a nice feeling. Hate those allergies!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum