Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lazyfarmer may be a goner

+10
foal0069
bcboy
bckev
chickencrazygirl
Ruffledfeathers
CynthiaM
Fowler
uno
coopslave
lazyfarmer
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Lazyfarmer may be a goner Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 pm

lazyfarmer

I am having a disagreement with my service provider and refuse to pay for service that is substandard at best. They will cut me off as I refuse to pay for service I am not getting. It has been fun, but I have only had the net for 1 1/2 years and only signed up because I needed it for some consulting I was doing. I realize it is not a nescesity will gladly give it up, as I gave up TV, as all I had was CBC and they went digital so no service. I will now use the time spent here on more prductive endeavors.
MR TROLL over and out!!
Any body want to PM their phone number for future reference I would appeciate it. Also can PM mine. I will keep the phone for now, just a land line.

Last edited by lazyfarmer on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:48 pm

If you can live without it then more power to you....... scratch

3Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:59 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

Glad to have met your acquaintance Mr LazyF. Sorry to see you go, let us know if it changes.

4Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:45 pm

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I hear you about the substandard internet service! We get bad service and pay top dollar. Boo.

SPend more time reading books, you will be vastly happier for it! Stay well.

5Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:33 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Does the pony express provide internet service? Sorry you're having problems with them. Hope to see you back at some point.

At the same time, I'm a bit envious that you can let go of things like internet and TV. They'd probably find me in a fetal position in the corner screaming, "The dingos took my baby!!!" Kudos.

6Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:37 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Awe, that is a bummer. Can't imagine how frustrating bad service must be, sigh. It has been a hoot and a hollar with your contribution to our forums, I know we have enjoyed you. And like it or not, and am still going to wish that you will have a happy day, smiling. Perhaps one day the internet will get better and you can be happy with a new provider. CynthiaM.

7Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:49 am

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well I had a blast with you here reading your posts and posting with you!
You MR TROLL can have a excellentant day and all the power to you I personally am having the same substandard service here as well but until I actually change service providers I will just keep Money Throw and keep my mouth shut till I do .

8Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 am

chickencrazygirl

chickencrazygirl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Who provided your internet service Question

http://www.wovenndreamscanada.com

9Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:40 am

bckev

bckev
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I used the public library for my interent access for a while because we only had dial up out my way. Didn't cost anything and was a way to stay in touch and access the parts of the internet I like, like the farming places i got to like this.

10Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:04 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

bckev wrote:I used the public library for my interent access for a while because we only had dial up out my way. Didn't cost anything and was a way to stay in touch and access the parts of the internet I like, like the farming places i got to like this.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

11Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:46 pm

foal0069

Lazy Farmer enjoyed your posts and sure would appreciate it if you would pm me your phone number as I may have lots of questions when I go to build that plucker. Thanks Holly

12Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 pm

cuckoomama

cuckoomama
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Sorry to hear you are leaving the forum and that you are having substandard service. We too are having the same but have no choice as my husband requires the internet to keep in touch with authours and publishers. Are you close to town? The library, MacDonalds, and Tim Hortons have WiFi tonuse free. When I work nights at work I am able to catch up or at home with slow and expensive. A laptop is great and really portable. Keep in touch now and then.

13Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:37 pm

lazyfarmer

OK I am still here so will update. When I got service it was painfully slow, they promised they were getting new equipment and it would get better. Also I have to pay 3 months in advance, each time I went to pay I would tell them how bad it was and they kept making excuses, but promised it would get better. This is how bad 8 minutes 13 seconds to watch a 34 second video, most times it would disconect before it all loaded. Had service 30 minutes every 3rd or 4th day. Yes they are the only provider. Then summer of 2011 they put up a new tower near my place and said they would switch me to it to improve service. a year went by, each time I went to pay, again they were to busy to switch me. In August I was fed up so told them disconect me, they said wait, we will switch you to see if that helps. The next day they showed up and switched me to the new tower. I could not believe that you could watch a whole video from start to finsh with out stopping, it was great. My speed went fron .05 to 2.4 download on average. So I asked that they give me 9 months free for the 18 months of crappy service, which would have been a 50% credit, even though now I see I didn't even have 1/2 service. They offered one month free. I said no I want 9 months free. They said the best they can do is 3 months free. I said no. Yes my service is good now but on principle alone I will not support a buisness that operates like this, it is not fair, and I would rather go without then support them. If more people would stand up for what is right, thing could get better. Yes I am one stuborn SOB. With money I save I can make one trip pick up more chicken bring them home and let them die.
I could do the library, but I only go to town every couple months, the library is only opened part time. I am normally in a hurry as I dislike people, so do what I need and get out of Dodge.
My computor is hooked to the wall not a laptop.
May go to the other trolls bridges and use their's.

14Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Have you considered an Aircard, LF?

15Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:32 pm

bcboy

bcboy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How is the cell service out in your neck of the wood? Do you have a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that could surf the web?

http://www.grizzlycurb.ca

16Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:03 am

Hey I live with dial up and all those postings that show clips ! I can't watch them because it would take about three hours to download a five minute clip ! But I still do everything else .......just a lot slower then most people who can jump all over the place in a heart beat .You get what you get when you live on the outer limits of the grid and unless you want to invest into a lot of high paying products to gain something faster ?? well you get what you get

17Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 am

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Well darn. LF, When I saw that you came back to this thread with an update I was hoping that you had solved the service problem.
Well, if you have to leave the forum and feel the urge to talk chickens sometime, you have my number. Smile

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

18Lazyfarmer may be a goner Empty Re: Lazyfarmer may be a goner Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:49 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Let me guess, it's Wild Rose Internet you are with, isn't it? If so, I know exactly what you are going through!!! They are the biggest bunch of crooks I have ever had to deal with. Luckily MCS net is now in our area. We have been with them now for a year and everything has been very good!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum