Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chanteclers.ca

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chanteclers.ca Empty Chanteclers.ca Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:33 am

A while ago I was asking some Chicken people about how they kept records, what kinds of birds they kept and how they made breeding decisions. That was part of some research I was doing into what a good Chicken breed association web site might look like.

Well I had a customer.

Now I've built them a web site and it is (if I do say so my self) something really special. Buried in Chanteclers.ca is a set of record keeping forms, a place for farm listings (including pictures) a breeding calculator, family trees... ...a lot of stuff. There is no forum Smile

I'm hoping that Chanteclers.ca becomes popular over the next while and that it provides *good* marketing for my customers and theirs.

It is available at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Chanteclers.ca Empty Re: Chanteclers.ca Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:19 am

Pardon me for going on a bit here, I haven't posted in a forum for a while so I'm a little over enthusiastic Smile

More about me and websites:

If you don't know I've kept a personal website for about six years now called "Palm Pig". It's kind of unique because it has about 1.5 million herdbook records in it from the CLRC but "adds some value" with tools like a breeding calculator.

These days I've been moving hundreds of thousands of Sheep, Pigs, Goats, Cattle, and Horses out of palmpig and re-locating them to some *new* web sites that I've been making here and there.

It's been an experience! Trying to make sure that only the right breeds of Sheep go into the Sheep place, making sure it doesn't say "Pig" on the Horse's breeding calculator and trying to have something useful to say about each of (about) sixty-four breeds of barnyard livestock.

Anyway, while my livestock is sorting itself out today I'm going to be leisurely posting some pictures and "facts" about livestock... ...on one of about eight new web sites. I wonder where to start Smile

If anyone on this forum is a member of one of the breed associations that registers at CLRC I would like to hear from you. I am looking for pictures of registered animals...

3Chanteclers.ca Empty Re: Chanteclers.ca Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:31 pm

k.r.l

k.r.l
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Great Site! I just signed up! Looking forward to using the resources on there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum