Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wheaten Ameraucana pictures

+6
Blue Hill Farm
poplar girl
Skeffling Lavender Farm
Hidden River
pops coops
coopslave
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:06 pm

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I thought I would share some pics of my Wheatens. The 2 older pullets I hatched from eggs I got from SLF and the cockerel is a bit older than these girls and I got him from HR. I have 3 more youngsters from another line that I will add to the mix later if they are good enough.
I hope you enjoy the pics. I am facinated by this breed, I have to admit.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:26 pm

pops coops

pops coops
Golden Member
Golden Member

Nice looking birds I just posted some pics of the orpingtons and cochins that I hatched early this year,

Last edited by pops coops on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.popscoops.com

3Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:00 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are very nice coopslave, I have to admit they are quickly winning my heart as well. Almost more than my blues..And I really like my blues.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Beautiful Coopslave! These are the most beautiful, dreamy-looking chickens we own. They are dear friendly docile birds. They seem to love to get near you and snuggle or put their head on you!

Of all the colours we had from Blehm last year the temperament was the nicest by far on these. Don't be surprised if they get a bit flighty in confinenment over the winter, but the day you let them out in the spring, they return to the laid back chickens they are.

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

5Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:52 pm

poplar girl

poplar girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Oh very nice. They are very pretty birds. I will be interested to here how their egg size and production is.

6Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh lovely! Your Wheaties are looking real nice for sure. Very Happy And I hope you'll post more pics once they've grown some more. I'm really interested to see their adult colouring. Were the eggs they hatched from a real true blue?

7Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:05 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Stunning birds, thank you so much for posting all the great pictures.

8Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:46 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

CoopSlave - Can you sex them when they begin to grow their feathers as chicks? They look absolutely wonderful, I'm sure it won't take you long to have a great flock of them! Smile I always enjoy your photos. Thx for posting.

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

9Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

Skeffling Lavender Farm

I know I posted a reply re: eggs earlier, must have been eaten up in cyberspace! The eggs would have been green by the time they were shipped to CoopSlave. Our wheatens lay smalls and mediums and the odd large egg but not many, and generally a long pointy egg, and the lavenders lay a pointy with a flatter fat end.

The eggs are true blue but now so pale they are almost just tinted! The lavenders lay a more intensely coloured agg and here's something I learned this summer......the eggs are blue when laid and change to green after a few hours! I guess they oxidise or something. Try bringing in a freshly laid warm blue egg and put it with your tray of older hatching eggs, it will look bluer!

We can sex ours at 3-4 weeks when the ends of the feathers closest to the body look black in the males!

http://www.easychickenry.com/articles-by-skeffling-lavender-farm

10Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:25 pm

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

JaerhonChanteclerEuskies

They look really good.

11Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:18 pm

Blue Hill Farm

Blue Hill Farm
Golden Member
Golden Member

SLF: I’ve noticed the same thing with my hens, and their eggs are varying shades of green-blue. One hen (not sure who) has a semi-malfunctioning spray painter Laughing because her eggs often have a darker coloured ring on top. Kind of neat to look at though.

Say, do you think you’ll have any hatching eggs for sale next spring? Smile

12Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Empty Re: Wheaten Ameraucana pictures Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Island Girl

Island Girl
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Lovely looking birds coopslave. They look nice and sturdy, beautiful colors too. Thanks for sharing.

XOX Monika

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum