Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What movie are you watching this Halloween?

+7
authenticfarm
CynthiaM
Fowler
uno
loushrop
appway
Schipperkesue
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am not partial to scary movies, but as you can guess by my avatar I do enjoy the Alien series. I think I shall enjoy #1 yet again this year.

I like to close my eyes when the alien is hissing and imagine the geese are in the living room.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think I am going to watch
Scooby Doo Meets the Werewolf

If its on that is

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't like scary movies because they scare me a lot. Lol . But my favorites are Practical Magic and Hocus Pocus. I love them.

appway

appway
Golden Member
Golden Member

LOu
I watched Hocus Pocus last night I love that Movie I guess I will always be a kid

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

Halloween tradition: Sleepy Hollow, with Johnny Depp.
A grainy copy of American Werewolf in London.
Something Wicked This Way Comes, always a good one. Classic.

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

Ooh! American Werewolf in London! Quirky and creepy. An excellent combination.

Remember the scene where the guy in the hospital is dreaming of his family being slaughtered by monsters, wakes up and the nurse comes in, says he is having a nightmare, opens the blinds and a monster come in and attacks her? Then he wakes up for real? That was a total creep out moment for me because I actually had a double dream with monsters that was similar to the movie!

*shudder*

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I watched it too Joe! It was great. Lol

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Sean of the Dead - funny and creepy

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

The movie "sinister". Youngest Daughter took me out for a late birthday dinner and movie on Saturday night last. I am a scarey movie buff (and she is too). This was one movie that rocked my socks. Don't think I have ever seen such a scare factor movie as this one, seriously...seen many, and this is just plain scarey. Lots of scarey movie previews we watched there, a few good ones came to mind, but I can't remember what they were. I think we'll probably watch a comedy. Husband does not like scarey movies, that is a Daughter/Mamma thing, so we tend to watch comedy or drama. I am a drama queen too, in many ways, hee, hee. Have a wonderful day, CynthiaM.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm also not a big fan of scary movies. A lot of them are actually startle movies but I don't care for that either.

One thing that I never saw the sense of was the ghosts are out to get us movies. I just couldn't understand why ghosts would give a rats behind what the living were up to. That being said, The Sixth Sense totally creeped me out because that was how I had always imagine ghosts as a kid (basically ignoring us for the most part).

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Magic Mike!!! Ha!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

Ruffledfeathers

Ruffledfeathers
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh there is so many too choose from Question When I was a kid every friday night was horror movie night.

My fav's are Carrie (the original)
Love the predator series personal fav is AVP when there are in the Artic
Was hoping the Paranormal series would be good? Well see.....

I can't wait till my boys get old enough to start watching with them.

We watched Hocus Pocus as well the other night Very Happy

heda gobbler

heda gobbler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Oh no, I can't watch scary movies at all. My brother in law and I have to go to a different part of the house where we can't even hear the music and play cards or something.

http://www.tatlayokofold.com

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

Holy Crap! Kids in the UK were sitting down to watch Madagascar 3 and the theater accidentally put on Paranormal 4! I don't even want to see the paranormal movies, can't imagine what it would do to a 5 year old.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm all over the place on scary movies. I don't have a particular kind. I watched The Woman in Black [2012] over the weekend and absolutely loved it. It was simply a good old fashioned ghost story. No gore, very, very little blood but the mood of the story was wonderful. It really set the mood for that type of story.

I love the horror movies of Vincent Price. When I was a kid, his movies scared the heck out of me and I will still watch them today whenever they are on.

Also am a fan of Alien, my fav movie in the series being Alien 2. I even have a shrine in my home to it.

uno

uno
Golden Member
Golden Member

I think Fowler made a good point. There are startle movies, that make you jump with bursts of scary stuff or gratuitous gore. Then there are horrors. I think the best horrors lead you to imagine for yourself what is going on. THey do not show it but suggest it. A good horror is finely crafted.

Paranormal was better than The Blair Witch Project. I watched the BWP many years after it first came out. It offended me. Unprepared idiots should stay out of the woods! It was more a 'camping gone wrong' movie than anything I found horrifying, unless unrelenting stupidity is horrifying.

WHo said clowns are creepy? Oh yeah. The biggest creep factor has always been a clown. The ONLY clowns I can stand are rodeo clowns saving guys from bulls. Don't ask me why they are okay while circus clowns are deeply disturbing, but there's a difference. Honest, I would rather meet a sasquatch in the bush than a clown.

American Werewolf in London is quite a different werewolf movie in that it takes place in the most mundane settings. The main character morphs into a wolf, in the livingroom, under the full light of overhead lighting. Not in some damp, dark, shadow filled alley. His rotting undead buddy visits him in the bathroom. This story was horrifying because it happened to such seemingly norma people doing normal things...thus, it could happen to YOU! Boo!

The Sixth Sense? In a category all its own. That movie has the biggest NO WAY! factor of any movie I've ever seen! I can susally guess the way a movie ends within 15 minutes. The 6th Sense, didn't see that coming. Awesome.

coopslave

coopslave
Golden Member
Golden Member

I don't really handle horror movies well, nor do I like them much. My crazy older sister had the brains to take me to The Shinning when I was quite young. Scared the crap out of me and showed me I was not cut out for that kind of stuff.

American Werewolf in London I liked, I also liked the The Sixth Sense. I will have to look up the Johnny Dep movie mentioned, always love his stuff even if it is just cause he is in it. Embarassed
I have to say I saw the first SAW movie and didn't mind it but the next one I didn't get through and haven't tried the others. I liked Alien and others similar to that, I guess I don't really consider them horror movies.

Carrie, The Exorcist, Amity ville Horror, The Shinning (shudder), slasher movies, these are what I consider horror movies (The Blair Witch thing and ones like it too) and I do avoid them. I am just not cut out for them and don't enjoy them at all.

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

You're right Uno, Rodeo Clowns don't seem to be the same species as other clowns. Can you imagine Pennywise (evil clown on "it") meets an angry bull? Now there's a scene I wish they'd had in that movie!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum