Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to give newborn chicks

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What to give newborn chicks Empty What to give newborn chicks Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:25 pm

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am familiar with Poulvite that I will give my chicks in their water for the first few days and with my next hatch will include Gro-Gel. What do you give your chicks aside from chick starter and water in the first week or two of its life?

2What to give newborn chicks Empty Re: What to give newborn chicks Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:39 pm

blackdove

blackdove
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I mash up hard boiled egg as a treat. They love it!

3What to give newborn chicks Empty Re: What to give newborn chicks Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:02 am

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I only give my chicks starter. It is completely balanced for them for growth and development so best not to add things in to mess with the ratios.
Hardboiled eggs are a good source of protein for them, I would think they would be good to add in if you wanted to treat them with something once in a while or for chicks that have been stressed with transit.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum