Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Empty Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Wed May 04, 2011 10:51 am

chickeesmom

chickeesmom
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

How is everything growing in your yards and gardens? I have some wonderful CHOCOLATE morning glories that I got from Lou at Christmas, they are growing like crazy, ( in the house under the grow lights!!) Thank you Lou, that was the most thoughtful gift in with your card.

2Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Empty Re: Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Wed May 04, 2011 11:35 am

nuthatch333

nuthatch333
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I am pleased to see my rhubarb is coming. I brought it from Langley when I moved here two years ago. The first year the ants got in the pot and almost killed it. I treated and planted it and kept my fingers crossed. It is a particularly red and tender plant I am glad it made it.
I am planting six more varieties of heritage potatoes this years, hoping to find a tasty old fashioned potatoe.

On a related topic, I used DE on my rhubarb as ant control and it seemed to work well. I have a real ant problem and I have heard chickens don't eat ants, so I can't expect them to help. I have been wondering if guinea hens eat ants, they may be nice to have free running.

3Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Empty Re: Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Wed May 04, 2011 12:48 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

does anyone know of any old school heritage corn to buy? like the ones where the kernnels are different shades of orange ect...dunno what its called .....? opps sorry totaly unrelated!!! LOL

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

4Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Empty Re: Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Wed May 04, 2011 2:44 pm

rbryne

rbryne

Nuthatch yes guineas love ants. I have about 20 guineas now and
we let them out when we are around and they get into the areas where
I have ants and have done a great job for me. They seem to like all
bugs - great with grasshopers, crickets in the fall and of course they
love ticks. That was one of the reasons that I first got a few guineas
was to clean up ticks. We moved to south of Saskatoon from Calgary and
I had never really encountered ticks but boy do we have them here some
years and the guineas have helped a lot.

5Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Empty Re: Loushrop, Christmas, chocolate Wed May 04, 2011 9:48 pm

loushrop

Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Hi Chickeesmom
The flowers are just starting to poke through. I am glad you are enjoying the flowers. Morning glories are one of my favourites and the chocolates are a bit unusual but very pretty. I also really enjoyed your card. Very Happy Lou

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum