Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to fatten a horse help please

+11
wolfbird_94
authenticfarm
Hillbilly
KendraG
chickencrazygirl
uno
coopslave
toybarons
Hidden River
fuzzylittlefriend
Schipperkesue
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51How to fatten a horse help please - Page 3 Empty Re: How to fatten a horse help please Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:05 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hillbilly wrote: Off topic, authenticfarm, but you must know Dan Wilson then, a local here?

The name is familiar, but it's been a few years since I've had Canadians ... I sold them +/- 2004. I had to go look up on the CLRC what my previous horses have been up to - fun little blast from the past!

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

52How to fatten a horse help please - Page 3 Empty Re: How to fatten a horse help please Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:10 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I just assumed you would know the name. He played a huge role in making the Canadian an official symbol. Its also one of his horses that was used to represent the breed.

53How to fatten a horse help please - Page 3 Empty Re: How to fatten a horse help please Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 pm

authenticfarm

authenticfarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

I should google, I bet I would remember more about him. I don't think I ever met him in person, though.

Edited to add: I googled! I remember his horse, La Bute Watt Billy. Doesn't look like he has him anymore, though. Billy would have been an uncle to my mare.

http://www.partridgechanteclers.com

54How to fatten a horse help please - Page 3 Empty Re: How to fatten a horse help please Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Cool. I think Billy is the horse depicted at his farm here as Canada's national breed.

55How to fatten a horse help please - Page 3 Empty Re: How to fatten a horse help please Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:41 pm

Nice that you know about Canadians. I chose them because of their history and hardiness.

I think if you saw and felt my mare, you might give her at least a 5, if not a 6.

The weanling is now gelded and is doing very well, thanks for asking. He is so sweet and friendly, but so is his mom. She was always that way as a baby too.

Billy is Willa's Grandfather.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum