Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

going around FB...tofield auction

+5
toybarons
Arcticsun
Hidden River
Country Thyme Farm
triplejfarms
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1going around FB...tofield auction Empty going around FB...tofield auction Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:32 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

so this is going artound on FB i saw on my kennels home wall when i looked.... people are complaining about this, i wasnt there did you see this? ? here is quoted what they said .... heads up tofield your prob gonna get lots of letters from dog lovers...

Beaver Hill Auction in Tofield is allowing consigners to sell "pure bred" dogs in cages they can't stand up or turn around in pictured is a "purebred Maltese" same consigners sold 4 very small crates with Chihuahas in them also claiming they are purebred. Im sick to my stomach. If this makes you sick too contact the auction and complain. NO Dogs should ever be sold at auction!
here is the pic they took
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

http://www.conjuringcreekboardingkennels.com/farm.html

2going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Country Thyme Farm

Country Thyme Farm
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

I see poultry and rabbits caged in far worse conditions every time I go to an auction.

http://countrythyme.ca

3going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

I am against dogs and cats in an auction as well, if you breed them find them a home! That cage does not look as bad as some, and I agree that I have seen chickens in far more cramped cages. Unfortunately Beaver Hill is not the only auction to auction off dogs and cats, and not the only auction to have animals crammed into cages...

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

4going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Arcticsun

Arcticsun
Golden Member
Golden Member

Auctions are NOT a place for dogs, or cats.
I am not really concerned about the cage. COuld be better but it is not bad.

5going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:29 pm

toybarons

toybarons
Golden Member
Golden Member

Funny how people will become upset seeing a dog put into a rabbit cage being sold at an auction but will not bat an eye at birds sold in improper containers?

I would love to see better enforcement at animal and bird auctions. Too many auctions post rules and conditions on how they will accept animals / birds for sale but they seldom enforce them and too often let sellers slide.

Buy from breeders. Boycott auctions!

6going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:01 pm

BriarwoodPoultry

BriarwoodPoultry
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I am sickened by dogs and cats being sold at auctions. They are companion animals and not livestock. If my dog gets sick I'll take it to the vet, if she breaks her leg I'll have it fixed. As much as I love my birds they are livestock and we run our birds with farming mentality - a broken legged chicken will meet a swift end on the chopping block. That, to me, is the difference between cats and dogs vs chickens.

However, I have never bought or sold anything at an auction aside from cattle so I can't speak to how poultry auctions are run, never even been to one. When I do take my birds to poultry sales I prefer a smaller cage for them so they can't flap around and hurt themselves, they are only caged for 3 hours maximum, and they are always in safe dog kennels, wee chicks in rubbermaid tubs with heat to keep warm.

http://briarwoodpoultry.weebly.com

7going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:48 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

i agree briarwood! not the place for dogs as i said before..... . i dont get it ........this same thread just got pulled from the other site..not sure why..? Question Rolling Eyes anyhow whatever just wanted to share what was on FB

8going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Schipperkesue

Schipperkesue
Golden Member
Golden Member

triplejfarms wrote:i agree briarwood! not the place for dogs as i said before..... . i dont get it ........this same thread just got pulled from the other site..not sure why..? Question Rolling Eyes anyhow whatever just wanted to share what was on FB

How odd! Whenever they pull one of my threads they pm me and tell me why. I would ask the more active admin there what happened. She is very reasonable.

9going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:20 pm

triplejfarms

triplejfarms
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

they just said that they recieved complaints about my thread? not sure why...but people complained about it Question

10going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:50 am

Sultan

Sultan

at a auction in moose jaw i saw a dog in a ball of WIRE. Every auction i go to there is always a person from the spca there.

11going around FB...tofield auction Empty Re: going around FB...tofield auction Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Dark Wing Duck

Dark Wing Duck
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

That dog looks to have more than enough room to move around in. So personally Janet, I don't see a problem at all with that picture. I do however have a problem with dogs (or cats) (or house birds) at an "Exotic Animal" auction! I couldn't care less if Husky dogs, Persian cats or Canary birds get auctioned off, I just don't want to waste my time going to a sale if that's what is going through!!!!

As far as your post being removed from that other site, all I have to say is... After all these years are you really all that surprised still?!?!? Rolling Eyes LOL!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum