Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Invasive Species Site Launched

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Invasive Species Site Launched Empty Invasive Species Site Launched Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:42 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unfortunately, the site is for New Brunswick but I thought some people might find it helpful in other areas.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Invasive Species Site Launched Empty Re: Invasive Species Site Launched Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:46 pm

Hillbilly

Hillbilly
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

I don't see your name on there Fowler.

3Invasive Species Site Launched Empty Re: Invasive Species Site Launched Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 pm

HigginsRAT

Golden Member
Golden Member

Last edited by HigginsRAT on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.wolven.ca/higgins/ratranch/

4Invasive Species Site Launched Empty Re: Invasive Species Site Launched Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:36 pm

rosewood

rosewood
Golden Member
Golden Member

Here is a site from BC-http://www.agf.gov.bc.ca/cropprot/invasiveplant.htm Kamloops has been using goats this summer to control toadflax. Highland cattle will eat some plants on the list-knapweed, hound's tongue.

5Invasive Species Site Launched Empty Re: Invasive Species Site Launched Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:35 am

CynthiaM

CynthiaM
Golden Member
Golden Member

Gak, we have two types of blue flowered plants here, one reminds me of forget-me-nots, but smaller in height (well, that could be because of the difference between a dry climate and a WET climate, like the Lower Mainland of BC) a low leafy thing, but horrible dried up seeds that stick to the fur of one dog of mine. Had to cut her her short cause she was so tangled with these seeds that stick like glue and go deep into the fur, sigh. The other one is a vine type, with horrible and sticky leaves and tendrils, blue flowers, that is awful too, gets stuck in everything. Had to get nasty with the vine one, it was absolutely insidious!! Haven't had the time to identify them, but imagine they are very commonplace, bad ass plants!! Need to do more studying this winter I guess, smiling. Have a most beautiful day, CynthiaM.

6Invasive Species Site Launched Empty Re: Invasive Species Site Launched Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:00 am

Fowler

Fowler
Golden Member
Golden Member

I'm afraid my range is limited as I require dark and damp conditions.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum