Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does packing a wound with pepper work on other species?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm sorry, this isn't really chicken related, but it is farm related.

I chucked one of my cats outside early last week because I was agitated after catching him marking despite being fixed. He usually goes out on his own for an hour or two and comes back in. I was at work the whole day.

I arrived home to find he had deficated all over himself and was just torn to shreds by the wild tom cat. I hadn't seen the tom in over 2 months (since he knocked up all the barn cats, go figure), however the day I throw the cat outside and leave, sure enough he was around. Anyway, he got his butt kicked, and he's a submissive cat in the first place. He was really bad for 3 days. Didn't move much, and only used the bathroom a little bit. Didn't eat unless something was brought to him and couldn't jump.

He still limps, but I think he jumped and tore open a puncture wound that had closed up. I put some oregano oil back on it which he didn't really mind, but the smell bothers him so he licks it off. It's in an awkward spot behind his front leg, so walking, jumping, stretching and so on will effect it.

I have read a few times, one of them recently on here, that people pack wounds on horses with pepper to prevent proud flesh. Is this something that would be effective for packing the cat's wound as well? Otherwise, I think I'll make an attempt to bandage him up, though it's my understanding puncture wounds should not be suffocated.

Thanks so much!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum