Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

I will have 1 dozen hatching eggs available for pick up or Shipping via Canada Post Priority Post Mondays for the next few weeks. I am taking orders for upcoming weeks now.

Currently available 1 doz (+ extras) Black & Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs For MONDAY MAY 9th, 2011

1 Doz eggs = $40.00 + Shipping. ( Price includes 1 doz + extra hatching eggs and packaging fees)

Hatching eggs will be collected from 3 Pure Black hens, 4 Blue hens and 1 Splash hen, the proud Rooster is a Pure Black Orpington. (Sandhill Preservation)

Here is how the colors will work out. Chicks will hatch out as follows.

Black Roo on Blue Hen = 50% Black / 50% blue
Black Roo on Black Hen = 100% Black
Black Roo on Splash Hen = 100% Blues

Our hatching eggs will hatch out the fuzziest of fuzzy butts, beautiful healthy Black and Blue Orpingtons. Their soft appearance, brought together with their wonderful colors and gentle shapely contours make them very attractive, your boys better watch out! Not to mention their large size, which in my opinion is a plus in our cold climate. They are an excellent winter hardy breed and continue to lay eggs through out the winter months.
If you are looking for some plump ladies to liven up your flock then you have found what you are after.

My Black Orpingtons, have a good top colour - when I say top colour this is the beetle green sheen you see through out the top of the bird. This is most common when Breeding Black on Black.

If you choose to keep Orpingtons you will soon realize that they are big, fluffy and super friendly - mine frequently show their affection by greeting me and sometimes when I sit in the lawn chair they will hop up and chatter away at me, they are an excellent addition to any flock. They lay a reasonable 120-140 eggs per year so they do pay for their keep - plus they also make brilliant mothers!

Here are some Pictures:

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00483

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00441

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00376

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00386

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00405

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00216

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00453

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00473

My Pure Black Orpington Roo
Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) DSC00139

PM ME FOR DETAILS AND SHIPPING COSTS
Or contact me via email at jsamis@syban.net
or Jonathan Samis <jonathansamis@gmail.com>

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 am; edited 4 times in total

KathyS

KathyS
Golden Member
Golden Member

Johnny you have a beautiful flock of Orps there! I love you
I just love the colors, and such big fluffy hens...really lovely!

http://www.hawthornhillpoultry.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

KathyS wrote:Johnny you have a beautiful flock of Orps there! I love you
I just love the colors, and such big fluffy hens...really lovely!

Thank you, they are by far my favourite birds on the Property... but Shhhh don't let the word out the rest seem to like me Very Happy

Prairie Chick

Prairie Chick
Golden Member
Golden Member

Hey Jonny, where does your stick come from?

5Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs (Alberta) Empty Update: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:08 am

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

UPDATE:

***SOLD 1 Doz (+ extras) For MONDAY MAY 2nd, 2011 ***

Now taking orders for MONDAY MAY 9th, 2011

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Prairie Chick wrote:Hey Jonny, where does your stick come from?

I will tell you my secret... my stick i just pick a new one up every day lost of sticks around here. Just kiddin Laughing

I Sent you a PM

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum