Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey everyone,

This has been another fantastic year for the Orpingtons, fertility has been 100%, I am just waiting for the first hatch due in a weeks time...
I will have Purebreed Orpington hatching eggs available for local pick up / delivery or Shipping via Canada Post Priority Post on Mondays for the next few weeks. I am taking orders for upcoming weeks now.
* If you had previously requested hatching eggs from me contact me to have your name confirmed on my list*

Currently available

2 doz + (+ extras) Black & Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs For TUESDAY April 10th, 2012 SOLD

****HATCHING EGGS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE UNTIL MAY 1st 2012***

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1671

* To get the best possible hatch rate all hatching eggs are placed in an egg turner and held at 55*F and eggs are shipped upright *

~Will ship throughout Canada~

1 Doz eggs = $40.00 + Shipping Cost. ( Price includes 1 doz + extra hatching eggs and packaging fees)

Hatching eggs will be collected from Pure Black hens, Blue hens and Splash hens.
Here is how the colors will work out. Chicks will hatch out as follows.

Black Roo on Blue Hen = 50% Black / 50% blue
Black Roo on Black Hen = 100% Black
Black Roo on Splash Hen = 100% Blues

Splash Roo on Black Hens = 100% Blues

2012 Orpington Breeding Pens

PEN 1

Darth Vader -Black Orpington Roo
2 Black Hens
2 Blue Hens

PEN 2

LUKE - Black Orpington Roo
2 Splash Hens
1 Blue Hen
1 Black Hen

PEN 3

Gandalf - Splash Orpington Roo
2 Black Hens

Our hatching eggs will hatch out the fuzziest of fuzzy butts, beautiful BIG healthy Black and Blue Orpingtons. Their soft appearance, brought together with their wonderful colors and gentle shapely contours make them very attractive, your boys better watch out! Not to mention their large size, which in my opinion is a plus in our cold climate. They are an excellent winter hardy breed and continue to lay eggs through out the winter months.
If you are looking for some plump ladies to liven up your flock then you have found what you are after.

I take a lot of pride and enjoy this breed, and colour. I have been working on improving type and quality and have seen some great improvements in my own flock. I am starting my third year and have plans to introduce some English Orpington lines from the states for 2013.

You can see my Orpingtons on display at local poultry shows and sales.

My Black Orpingtons, have a good top colour - when I say top colour this is the beetle green sheen you see through out the top of the bird. This is most common when Breeding Black on Black, when the sun catches the back of the hen or rooster just right you will see a glimpse of blue and purples as well.

My Blue Orpingtons that are hatched from Blue Hens fathered by a Black Roo will result in a Nice Dark Blue Lacking and a deeper blue colour over all.

If you choose to keep Orpingtons you will soon realize that they are big, fluffy and super friendly - mine frequently show their affection by greeting me and sometimes when I sit in the lawn chair they will hop up and chatter away at me, they are an excellent addition to any flock. They lay a reasonable 120-140 eggs per year so they do pay for their keep - plus they also make brilliant mothers!

2012 Pictures

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1430

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1426

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1490

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1487

For More Pics of these and other Orpingtons Check them out here
https://wcps.canadian-forum.com/t3773-2012-black-blue-splash-orpingtons-pic-heavy

I Accept EMT's
(E-mail Money Transfers)
&
Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) PayPal_mark_60x38

PM ME FOR DETAILS AND SHIPPING COSTS

Or contact me via email at jsamis@syban.net
or Jonathan Samis jonathansamis@gmail.com

Thank you for taking the time to look.

Cheers,

Jonathan

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : edit date)

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

They are great looking birds Jonny, wish I had room for another breed/color. Smile

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hidden River wrote:They are great looking birds Jonny, wish I had room for another breed/color. Smile

You want to build a tractor.... you want to house Blue Opringtons.... <---- lol just teasing you!

ChicoryFarm

ChicoryFarm
Golden Member
Golden Member

Bravo Johnny! Great blurb and photos promoting your birds. They are so lovely. I am having my first experience with Orpingtons and I'm really enjoying them a lot! No room this year but if I stick with the breed I may expand my varieties. Would love to have some of them if I do. Good luck!

5Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) Empty MONDAY APRIL 2nd SOLD Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:12 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

1 Dozen Eggs have been sold for Monday April 2nd 2012.

Now taking the next order for Monday April 9th 2012

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Hey Everyone,

I have an Extra Dozen hatching eggs for Shipment for Monday April 2nd 2012.

If you are interested please contact me for shipping costs.

Cheers!

andrewsbrightbirds@yahoo.

andrewsbrightbirds@yahoo.

Once again i am tempted. I have looked at your pics many times. And they are trully beautiful birds. I just need to convince my wife that i need another breed. She does like the orpingtons, and i did sell her buffs a few months ago. If i do decide could you ship two dozen at once?

Andrew

https://www.facebook.com/#!/SmallBeginingsFarm?fref=ts

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

andrewsbrightbirds@yahoo. wrote:Once again i am tempted. I have looked at your pics many times. And they are trully beautiful birds. I just need to convince my wife that i need another breed. She does like the orpingtons, and i did sell her buffs a few months ago. If i do decide could you ship two dozen at once?

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Orpingtons are truly my Favourite, my venture started with buffs as well and it wasn't long before I fell for the Black and Blue orps and haven't looked back since. Smile

I am getting 10 eggs a day from 10 hens, and fertility is 100% so far. I just hatched out a bunch over the past few days and so far I am seeing almost 100% hatch rates.

I can fill an order of 2 dozen and will gladly provide extra hatching eggs just to ensure a good hatch rate for you. If you are interested I can have an order of 2 doz + extras ready for shipping on Monday the 9th.
Egg collection begins on the Wednesday / Thursday right through to the Monday, All eggs collected are lightly cleaned of any dirt or poop, inspected and put into an egg turner and stored in "suspension" until ready for shipping. I mark the eggs collected earlier on as "extras" with the date on all eggs. I like to send them so that by the time they arrive at their destination they are usually 7 days old at the most to ensure better chance for development and hatch rate.

I had sent eggs to a few peeps out east last year and had some excellent fertility and hate rates reported back.

Cheers,

Jonathan

tsamis

tsamis

Jonny post some pics of your hatchlings.

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Day old Orpington Chicks hatched on Saturday March 31st

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1551

Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1544

11Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) Empty Egg orders Shipped Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:52 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

This week's Egg orders have been shipped! Very Happy

Tracking numbers have been emailed

Expect this package in the Mail!
Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) IMG_1564

Cheers,

Jonny A

12Black and Blue Orpington Hatching Eggs ( Alberta) Empty No shipping monday! Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:02 pm

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

2 DOZEN + Extra eggs available for Shipping Tuesday April 10th 2012

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

Jonny Anvil wrote:
2 DOZEN + Extra eggs available for Shipping Tuesday April 10th 2012

SOLD

Thank you for your interest Andrew...

Last edited by Jonny Anvil on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jonny Anvil

Jonny Anvil
Admin

****HATCHING EGGS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE UNTIL MAY 1st 2012***

I have had an increase in demand, in order to fill all my orders I will temporarily be suspending any new orders as I am in the process of currently filling two last orders, and then I will be loading up the Bators, for my self. Very Happy cheers Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum