Western Canada Poultry Swap
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Western Canada Poultry Swap

Forum dedicated to the buying and selling of quality heritage poultry in Western Canada.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What a deal!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What a deal! Empty What a deal! Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:03 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

We attended the farm equipment auction at the yard in Medicine Hat this past Saturday. We are looking for a good flat bed trailer so thought we could pick one up there. They also get conseignments of other farm stuff like panels and feeders and shop equipment and junk. Well in the first row there was chicken stuff, lots of it.
3 Roll away nest boxes (2-14 hole metal ones and 1-12 hold wooden one), in great shape and clean. 2 Almost brand new double wall water fonts, 2 large trough feeders, 4 metal hanging feeders (large ones too, probably hold 50 lbs of feed), 2 water trough heaters and a few other miscellaneous items. Well we won and only paid $75 for the lot of it. Very Happy I was thrilled.

Of course we didnt get the trailer we were after but it went for almost brand new price and was much more trailer than we needed, and didnt need a $10000 trailer...

So now we wait and see if the birds will use the nests or not. Nothing in them today yet, just in the tub they usually lay in, so might have to remove the tub and see if they will start in the nest boxes.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

2What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Amy

Amy
Full Time Member
Full Time Member

Wow! that is an amazing deal! Lucky you!

3What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:27 pm

What a great score!
I find sometimes those auctions are heartbreaking. Stuff that's not even that great goes for new or more-than-new price after tax and buyer's fees. So good for you! I'm glad to hear there are still deals to be had.

4What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 pm

honeybrook

honeybrook

great deal way to go

http://www.honeybrooklowlines.com

5What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:48 pm

chickmonster

chickmonster
New Here

Hidden River wrote:We attended the farm equipment auction at the yard in Medicine Hat this past Saturday. We are looking for a good flat bed trailer so thought we could pick one up there. They also get conseignments of other farm stuff like panels and feeders and shop equipment and junk. Well in the first row there was chicken stuff, lots of it.
3 Roll away nest boxes (2-14 hole metal ones and 1-12 hold wooden one), in great shape and clean. 2 Almost brand new double wall water fonts, 2 large trough feeders, 4 metal hanging feeders (large ones too, probably hold 50 lbs of feed), 2 water trough heaters and a few other miscellaneous items. Well we won and only paid $75 for the lot of it. Very Happy I was thrilled.

Of course we didnt get the trailer we were after but it went for almost brand new price and was much more trailer than we needed, and didnt need a $10000 trailer...

So now we wait and see if the birds will use the nests or not. Nothing in them today yet, just in the tub they usually lay in, so might have to remove the tub and see if they will start in the nest boxes.

When i read this. My eyes went affraid . OMG. NOW that is a steal. Those nesting boxes are expensive. NOt alone the heater water troughs. YOu sure lucked out. GOOD for you.

6What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:15 pm

Toaster

Toaster

What a bargain, you lucky thing!

Try removing the tub and leaving a couple fo eggs in the new nest boxes so they catch on to the idea

7What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:27 pm

I am taking a brand new , never used rollaway 4 nest to Ty's which sell today at UFA for 120.00 but I am wanting 100.00.

8What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Hidden River

Hidden River
Golden Member
Golden Member

Chickens won't use them Dan?
I know my ameraucana girls are refusing, I took their laying tub away yesterday and they just found a corner to go lay in instead...Too scary for them , LOL.
I am going to put them in my layer coop and the new layers won't know any different so hopefully they will work for them.

http://www.hiddenriverranch.weebly.com

9What a deal! Empty Re: What a deal! Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 pm

I would imagine that for most breeds that they will work because I have seen them being used. I have never tried to use this as it is still wrapped up and so on but rather then use it I decided that I like the ones that I build better even though mine doesn't prevent the chickens from eating the eggs. All I do to break the egg eating habit is to collect eggs every hour when possible so they don't get tempted and then they get used to eating other things .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum